Chapter 18

Leopardstripe heard a commotion outside the monster and pricked her ears. She heard the voices of many of the warriors and Graystripe. She heard cages opening and she stumbled next to Rainwhisker. He quickly nudged her up and tried opening the cage. The pale gray she-cat heard cats yowling and cages being open. Were getting out?!

"Stupid cage!" Rainwhisker hissed.

She padded beside him and nosed the cage. Leopardstripe tried helping the dark gray tom, but it didn't open. She hissed softly as she heard Twolegs yelling and shouting.

"Graystripe!" Rainwhisker called.

"Don't worry, I'll let you out!" He called to him.

Leopardstripe's fur bristled as she heard the shouting getting closer. She kept her claws unsheathed and lashed her tail. Graystripe soon came to them and quickly opened the cage door. Rainwhisker hopped out and guided his mate out. Leopardstripe stumbled down and fell out of the monster. She had gotten under the monster has she heard Twolegs near the monster. Rainwhisker had jumped out of the monster as a Twoleg came, thinking Leopardstripe had gone to the safety of the forest.

"R-Rainwhisker!" She whimpered.

He didn't seem to hear as the monster roared. She yelped in fear and hesitantly started to come out from under, still under it, not sure where to go. She heard doors closing and and cat yowling in terror. Graystripe?! Everything froze as Leopardstripe felt herself be crushed underneath the black paws of the monster. She screamed at the top of her lungs in agony and heard her ribs and spine crack. Leopardstripe screeched in pain and blood sweeped out of her mouth and her body. She cried in agony and fear and was laying on the ground, her body completely crushed, and heaving for air.

Leopardstripe gaped as she couldn't get any air and her claws twitched.

"Leopardstripe!" Rainwhisker shrieked in horror.

She said nothing and she couldn't breath, blood poured out of her mouth as she fought to speak. Leopardstripe gurgled bubbles of blood, her eyes wide. She felt herself slip into darkness and she heard pawsteps come towards her.

"Leopardstripe!" Rainwhisker cried.

He ran to her and buried his face into her bloody fur. He cried into her fur and dug his claws into the ground. Leopardstripe coughed up a mouthful of blood and heaved for air.

"Don't go! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!" He wailed.

She couldn't speak and more tears streamed out of her eyes. Leopardstripe closed her eyes and felt nothing. Darkness engulfed her mind and her body was stone still, her warmth fading into cold.

Rainwhisker wailed in agony and cried, his face pressed to her neck. He hissed as a Twoleg neared and hoisted Leopardstripe onto his back, retreating into the forest. Her blood covered his fur and he reached camp, his head lowered. Cries of agony and fear filled the camp and Longtail and Cinderpelt ran up to him.

"Leopardstripe? Leopardstripe?!" Cinderpelt wailed.

Rainwhisker gently placed the dead warrior onto the ground and more tears streamed down his face. Cinderpelt buried her face into her daughter's cold fur and cried. Longtail settled down beside her his nose buried in Leopardstripe's cold fur, tears in his eyes. The dark gray tom hung his head and dug his claws into the ground. It's all my fault! How I could let this happen! Leopardstripe, please forgive me! I love you! I'm so sorry!

-------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!

Not really much to say about this chapter . . .

So . . .

Till next time . . .

May StarClan light your path! :)