Chapter 8

The pale gray tabby couldn't speak as Brambleclaw waited for an answer.

"Oh Brambelcaw, I'm so sorry . . ." She whispered.

Leopardstripe dropped the bird and raced out of camp. As she had left Brambleclaw watched in dismay. She found herself by the RiverClan border. She halted to a stop and tried to catch her breath. Leopardstripe glanced behind her and sighed in relief as the tom didn't come after her. She sat by the river and looked at her reflection. She saw a pale gray tabby she-cat with lush green eyes.

"I'm hurting everybody." She meowed to herself.

The pale gray tabby bent her head to lap up some water. She felt eyes on her, nervously Leopardstripe looked up to see Hawkfrost. His ice-blue eyes filled with sadness and anger. She didn't meet his gaze and looked down at her reflection with flatten ears.

There was a rustle behind her and out came Brambleclaw. She gave huff of nervousness as he padded up to her.

"What do you want? You're not wanted here." He growled.

Hawkfrost simply left before hissing at them both.

"What did he want?" Brambleclaw growled.

Leopardstripe didn't meet his gaze and kept looking at her reflection.

"You alright?" He asked.

He tried to entwine their tails together when she didn't respond, she reacted quickly and pulled away. Her lush green eyes filled with uneasiness and incomfort.

"I'm fine. Brambleclaw I'm sorry, but . . . I-" Leopardstripe was cut off sentence as Rainwhisker ran up to her.

"Where were you? I was so worried." He asked with concern.

The dark gray tom turned his head towards Brambleclaw with a glare. "What are you doing here with my mate?" He hissed.

The dark brown tabby's amber eyes glistened with shock and anger mixed in with sadness. He looked into Leopardstripe's green eyes hoping that it wasn't true, but it was. Rainwhisker glared at him and wrapped his tail across the pale gray she-cat's shoulders.

"You can leave now." The dark gray tom growled. "It's not like you care about her."

"I do care about her!" Brambleclaw snarled.

Leopardstripe shrunk back as his claws came out and he bared his teeth at her mate. Rainwhisker stood protectively in front of her in case Brambleclaw leaped at them.

"Well that's not what you said the other night, when you found her with that tom." He retorted.

Brambleclaw was at loss of words and Leopardstripe felt shock overcome her. He didn't care about me? She lowered her head and pressed up against her mate for comfort.

"T-that's not . . . I w-was just angry a-at her." He stammered.

"Well, someone who truly loves her would understand why she did it. You didn't even give her enough time did you? You probably jumped to a conclusion, am I right? You don't understand her." Rainwhisker stated.

Brambleclaw looked away and ran off into the direction of camp. Leopardstripe looked up sadly at Brambleclaw as his pelt vanished. Rainwhisker bent down and licked her cheek.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you my love. Never forget that." He whispered in her ear.

Her sadness left her and was replaced with love. She purred and pressed her cheek to his.

"I love you." She murmured.

"I love you too." He purred.

The sun was high as they slowly paced around the forest. Her pale gray tabby pelt with dark silver dots on her hind legs and one dark silver stripe along her spine to tail-tip, and his dark gray pelt against hers, brushing. Her beautiful, lush green eyes filled with love, and his dark blue eyes also filled with love. Tails entwined they reached camp.

Firestar looked very annoyed as he spoke with his daughter, Squirrelpaw. Leopardstripe felt a small grin appeared on her face as she noticed the trouble the hotheaded she-cat was in. Thornclaw was dozing off on the side of the warrior's den, enjoying the sun's golden rays. She noticed that Cinderpelt and Longtail were outside the elder's den also sunning themselves.

"Hey, I'm gonna go talk with Cinderpelt and Longtail, okay?" She meowed.

"Alright." He replied.

She bounded up to her parents and smiled.

"Hi!" Leopardstripe meowed with a cheerful voice.

"Hi, Leopardstripe. How have you been?" Longtail purred. His sightless green eyes fixed on his daughter.

"Great, how about you guys?" She purred.

Cinderpelt seemed silent as they talked. The smokey gray-and-white she-cat didn't meet her daughter's green face as it was fixed on her.

"Cinderpelt . . . are you alright?" Leopardstripe asked.

"Yes, I'm fine." She snapped.

Leopardstripe flinched and took a step back. Cinderpelt never snapped at me before. What's gotten into her? Ever since she came out of Firestar's den a few moons ago she's been acting strange. Does . . . she know about the prophecy? Is she worried something will happen to me or . . . is she upset with me? Cinderpelt's eyes grew wide with guilt and she shook her head.

"I'm so sorry, Leopardstripe." She meowed. " I've been lost in thought lately about . . . things."

"Oh . . . alright. Well I have to . . . go. Rainwhisker must be waiting for me." Leopardstripe replied.

Longtail's ears pricked up at the name of Rainwhisker.

"Rainwhisker? What happened to Brambleclaw?" Longtail asked.

The pale gray tabby blushed and had annoyance and embarrassment in her eyes.

"I was never with Brambleclaw, Longtail. I'm with . . . Rainwhisker." She meowed quietly.

Longtail purred and flicked his tail over her nose.

"Well then, I'll have to have a talk with him. I don't want him hurting my little kit." He purred.

Cinderpelt for the first time laughed and smiled. Leopardstripe also laughed and licked her mother's ear.

"Don't worry about me, Cinderpelt. I can take care of myself, and if I have any questions I will always ask you first." She meowed.

Relief spread through her mother at hearing those words. She purred and rasped her tongue over her daughter's forehead.

"Remember that you will always be my daughter. We love you." Cinderpelt meowed softly.

"I'm so happy to hear you say that."

-------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!!!

Isn't it sweet for a mother and her daughter to bond? How adorable! Was that what you expected?

Anyways wanted to tell you guys that Spikeheart's Life will be deleted unless I have people wanting me to continue it. I'm glad people are liking my books. I know that I have been getting many requests for my Art Book. But please hold them, I have WAY to many at the moment. So requests will be closed until further notice.

Till next time . . .

May StarClan light your path! :)