chapter 26

third person pov

"have you ever smoked?" the question came out of nowhere really, out of all the questions denki was prepared for, that one was never it, but for monoma he decided to tell the truth. "yeah, but weed only" denki asnwered and monoma did not look all that surprise, "do you like it?" "yeah i liked it" "why'd you stop" "whats with your questions" denki asked suspiciously. "im curious, and your the only person i could probably talk about this stuff without getting looked at odd" monoma said with a shrug of his shoulder. denki observed him for a minute, " your rough around the edges but your really easy to be around" denki said out of the blue, not even contributing to the conversation. monoma chuckled, "your so random kaminari, i dont know whats going in your brain half of the time" monoma commented as he ate some rice from his tray. "i like it that way" denki answered before digging into his own food, "i stopped smoking before i went to UA" denki said out of nowhere. 

"so you just started in middle school?" monoma asked and denki nodded, "dear heavens where was your parents?" monoma asked a bit bewildered. denki shrugged "they were the ones giving it to me" denki said non chalantly even though he himself knew the seriousness of that. monoma looked shocked for a minute, and denki felt a little shock of his own, why was he spilling this information about himself so easily. "why on earth would they do that" monoma asked. "they werent in their right mind half of the time, i dont know why they did half of things they have done to me." denki said with little emotion, monoma could see that he wanted to change the subject from his parents. " i want to try it, heard it helps with depression" monamo admitted, something of his own. "it doesn't help, it distracts, a damn good distraction" denki said but monamo shrugged "ill take whatever i can get." monamo said while shrugging his shoulders. 

denki let out a low whistle, "whoa this is a new side of you, you know we would get expelled if any teacher heard you talking like this" denki said lowly adding the dramatic effect. monamo smiled at denki "well as long as you dont tell, i wont" denki knew that he probably didnt mean to sound flirtly, but by god did he. and it made denki's heart race, "so what are you suggesting monoma" denki asked to get a clear understanding on what monoma wanted. "you've smoked before, so im assuming you know someone with weed, i want that person so i can try it. boom plain and simple" monamo explained. "when will you do that" denki asked " during the wekeend" "how would you get back into the dorms" "i dont know ill tell one of my friends the help me" " wont they be suspicious" " ill make up another lie" "but youre gonna be high, you dont know what that feels like or how you would act" "ill figure it out" "mmm fine" monamo choked on the food he was chewing. "fine? just like that" monamo asked, but denki shook his finger "on a few conditions, 1.im gonna be with you and we can sneak out together, 2. you come and stay the night at my dorm. 3. we keep it between us" denki explained. " do i really have to stay the night in those nasty 1-A dorms" monamo asked the annoyed evident in his voice. 

"yes you do, they'll be alot less nosy then your classmates- and mind you, your risking your whole hero future for a high, so you might want to" denki pointed out which made monamo scoffed. "well you are too it seems" but denki just shrugged " im a hero, its what we hero's do" denki said with a sly smile on his face. monamo shoulder bumped him and got up, "well kaminari denki, i dont need saving thank you very much" monamo said as he walked towards the exit. denki laughed as he watched him leave, the boy fascinated denki, in the same way shinsou did. he knew his feelings were growing with monoma but the problem was his feelings for shinsou was not faltering at all. denki could feel a very stressful situation in his future coming up. but atlast he would leave that for future denki, right now, he should be focused on getting to class before midnight has his head. 

"Denki can we talk" the last period, everything was going smoothly, it really was. "What could we possibly talk about" Denki asked raising his eyebrow at Jirou. he felt hurt staring in the girl eyes, but he wouldn't dare let her see him weak like that, not ever again. " a just want to apologize" Jirou started but Denki held his hand up "don't bother because I don't forgive you, and i don't think i will until a very long time" Denki said before Jirou could anything else out. she looked at him bewildered and he took the moment of silence to swing his bookbag over his shoulder and walked to a group of people. "Hey Todoroki, Midoriya, Shinsou" Denki greeted as he walked up to the three. " Hey Kaminari" they all said in union, " what are you guys up to" Denki asked curiously. "Oh, we are going back to my dorm to do a bit of studying in my dorm" Midoriya said, "that sounds fun" Denki said, he remembered the day he studied with his old friends. Denki couldn't help but spare a glance towards the group.  "You could join if you want" the invitation made Denki snap his head back towards the group. he stared at shinsou shocked. "What?" Denki asked again, shinsou huffed and looked at Midoriya "would it be cool if Kaminari came with us?" shinsou asked. midoriya laughed "of course he knows he is always welcomed, do you wanna join Kaminari?" midoriya asked Denki. who was almost reluctant to agree. 

But he swallowed his worries and smiled, " hell yeah" Denki said in Denki fashion. Midoriya stood up and linked arms with Denki, "come on guys let's get going" Midoriya said to the two boys that were still sitting down. the walk to the dorms was silent, but surprisingly far from Awkard. the boys were either in their own worlds or phones. but for Denki specifically he was kind of freaking out in his head. shinsou walked beside him, their arms slightly brushing against each other. denki could swore this boy did not like physical touch like that, it made Denki wonder what kind of revolution shinsou went into, he was acting differently all too quickly.

denki could admit that he was a bit distracted, well more distracted than usually sure the other three took notice but they decided not to speak much on it, it wasn't like he was bothering anyone, he was just silently looking up from the book and texting on his phone. 

unknown: 

its been awhile since you hit me up denki.

denki:

i know , but you know exactly what i want, where can we meet? 

______________

i know i should be grateful for yall even liking this story still- but im so sorry i dont care how much writers block i get im going to finish this story.