Free Fallin'

"Oh so is that an insult or?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. She laughs and her head moves backwards as she continued to watch the fireworks.

"Take it as a compliment" She replies, biting her lip. I couldn't get over her even though a kiss was such a simple gesture. It contained so much power and it was definitely something that I wasn't expecting to happen at all. I think that's what made it special. She's such a beautiful person with an amazing personality, there really isn't a way to describe her.

I sigh, trying to gain back her attention. "I think we should get you home now." I say and look over. It wasn't the state that I was expecting her to be in, but I'll have to work with it for now.

I carry her sleeping, petite body like a small child and attempted to walk towards my car before my brother Ben stopped me. Great was all that I was thinking.

"Ben I have to go." I state. I did have to get her home and I was tired myself. Carrying a fully grown woman isn't the easiest thing to do you know.

"Look John. Just don't screw up man." He began. I agreed with him because it's something I've been doing for the longest time and it had to finally stop at one point. Maybe that point would have to be now. "I see the way you look at her, man. I think she's more special than you think."

I nod my head, agreeing with him as he continues to say his opinion on her and how I shouldn't break her heart. I realize that Katy could probably hear some of the things he was saying but in that moment I didn't care. "Yeah. I think so too." I say softly as he finally walks away. Her head was resting on my shoulder and I could feel her readjust herself in my arms. My lips met her forehead and I lightly kissed it as my hand met the back of her head. She looked like a little angel.

I placed her into the passengers seat of my Range Rover and belted her in, making sure she was secure enough. I was still careful to not awake her too. I didn't want that to happen when she looked so peaceful.

Before I could shut the door, i heard her voice again. "John?" She asks, her eyes still half shut and her voice sounding innocent and sweet. I smile and bend down to her reach her.

"Yeah?" I ask. I couldn't get the smile off of my face from seeing her look so happy. It's crazy to think that I denied I was ever going to fall in love again. But Maybe this was finally it. There was no going back now. I couldn't let her out of my grasp.

"I had a really nice time with you tonight. Thank you." She thanks me and smiles while rubbing my arm. Her soft touch felt comforting against my cold skin.

"...You too Katy." I faintly grin and shut the car door. I knew that I had a great time but I didn't know she did too. I felt a lot better knowing I did a good job at keeping her happy.

The drive back to her home wasn't really what I was expecting but I think speaking with her more had a good affect on our relationship.

"You're really amazing on the guitar." She compliments me. We were listening to a few of my previous albums just for the heck of it. It was her idea anyway believe it or not.

"Thank you." I chuckled, turning it off because we were now in front of her house again. She unbuckled her seatbelt and opened her door, then looked at me.

"Aren't you going to be a gentleman and walk me up?" She smirks playfully. I nodded and followed her up to her door. It was so dark we could barely see and I guess she must've forgotten to keep her house lights on.

We were now on her front porch, and it was dark as could be. "I can't see you." She whispers, sounding like she was laughing.

"Neither can I. Where are you?" I whisper. It was seriously that dark and I wanted to make sure she got safe inside before I left.