Where the Story Ends (Epilogue: Part II)

love will come
and when love comes
love will hold you
love will call your name
and you will melt
sometimes though
love will hurt you but
love will never mean to
love will play no games
cause love knows life
has been hard enough already

It was Christmas Eve, a holiday that John and Katy had loved spending together. A magical holiday full of love and excitement. Today they would be surrounded by family, something they both adored.

The past years had been rough for them. It was 5 years later and they were married, happily married. They realized that maybe life wasn't about what they thought it was about. They realized the true beauty in one another and were going to love each other unconditionally.

"John can you come here for a minute? I need some help." Katy asked John, getting frustrated by the second. She was baking Christmas cookies in the kitchen... something she had wanted to learn for a while. John had come up behind her, wrapping his arms around her petite waist and placing his muscular hands on her flat tummy. "I burnt the cookies, John. See I can't even make a simple batch on stupid cookies." She said, disappointment in her eyes as she looked down at the black crisps. She was just so damn hard on herself.

"Well don't get so upset over it darling, it's fine." He said to her, wiping the powdery flour off of her cheek and nose. John had always seen the beauty in everything about Katy. Her rosy cheeks and her pointy nose, her raven, pin straight hair; he adored her in every way possible.

"Well I certainly didn't just waste 2 whole hours to disappoint." Katy says and drops her head in regret, biting her lip. She was disappointed in herself. She couldn't make one single batch of cookies without burning them.

This shouldn't be a big deal. She thought to herself. But to her it was. She always pointed out the bad in herself and every little situation she was in, no matter how much it mattered.

"Hey listen, you don't ever disappoint me. Ever." He says to his wife, engulfing her into a warm but meaningful embrace, her head lying on his chest. She fumbled with the white little button on John's flannel while sighing, pressing her forehead onto his shoulder.

"Look can you just tell me when the family arrives? I'll be upstairs." She said. Katy had been so hard on herself these past few years. Often finding it hard to have hope in certain things. Katy never doubted their marriage, but at times she doubted their relationship, always putting the fault on herself. That was one of her biggest down falls, something that she couldn't get out of. She was stuck in this dark place. John helped her fix that in every way possible, but it wasn't going to completely fix the problem.

"Kate, don't do that..." John replied as he watched his wife go up the stairs, hating to see her upset. He knew she got upset over the littlest of things. But that was how she was; fragile. He learned to deal with that over the time that they were together. It wasn't easy per say, but it was Katy, the love of his life. The one in the guitar store with the broken smile, the one who knocked over the guitar picks, the one that John was completely and utterly rude to but she never let that bother her. She still saw the beauty and grace in him too.

It's funny how love works. You think nothing about this person and the next moment you're crazy about them, you can't get them out of your head. John was crazy about this girl. He would do anything for her. He knew the way she was wasn't her fault, but he felt bad because he couldn't do anything about it.

Katy had gone to countless therapists, none of which had helped her. John wanted her to keep going to them, but they only made her more upset. Instead, she began to meditate and use different methods to calm her down whenever she had a mental breakdown or panic attack. They used to happen more often, but they're now slowly going away.