Sirens

"I think I just lost the love of my life." I said to them as my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach.

It didn't seem to fit in my mind right away, like it was a puzzle piece that just didn't seem to fit. But then I finally realized that she was gone. I made her so ridiculously angry with me and  she stormed out. This relationship was a complete mess. What were we doing? We knew this wasn't going to work in the long run so why were we even trying? That was a question that was yet to be answered.

"What? What do you mean?" Angela asked me, worry slowly emerging in her large Hudson eyes.

"I really screwed up this time." I nod as my hands meet the roots of my hair, tugging at it as anger grew strong into my body. This was awful. What was I going to do without her? She was my absolute world and now I'm slowly losing as her. I guess sometimes holding onto someone is more painful than letting go. It's obvious she isn't trying anymore. I needed the real Katy back. The girl I met in the guitar store on a late Friday afternoon. The girl who tripped over the box of guitar picks. The girl I thought nothing of...

"John. What did you do?" She asks, her grip on my shoulders getting tighter as I began to trail off.

"She- She told me you said to her that I wasn't the right guy for her, and I kept telling her your opinion shouldn't matter if we love each other. And I guess I took it a little overboard and she left. I just-- I don't know what to do and I'm worried she won't ever want to see me ag-"

"John! You're right. I think that if you love Katy, prove it to her. Prove that you aren't you going to lose her regardless of what I or others say. My opinion shouldn't even matter to her. Prove me wrong." She says with hope in her eyes. She believed that I could potentially make Katy happier than past lovers, I just hadn't shown it yet. This was going to be my way of trying to get her back. "Go get her." She whispers into my ear and pats my back.

I thought about it. The thought of having in her arms grows inside me. I want her. I want her back.

I ran out of the backyard, my heart racing so fast I don't know if I was going to ever calm down and then realized her car was gone. Where did she go? I thought about it for a split second, and then it hit me. The beach. I didn't know quite where it was, but I'm sure I could figure it out.

I got in my metallic Range Rover, not even bothering to buckle my seat belt. And then I sat there. I sat there and thought about life with out her; how miserable I would be. She made me so happy and now this relationship could be over in a matter of minutes. All I ever wanted was her, but maybe that was just a little too much to ask for.

I start the car, and back out of her driveway quickly, the pay attention to road. I wanted to cry. Usually people like me don't cry, especially over a woman. But people don't realize how much she means to me. I can't let her get away. I just can't. Not today.

My phone rings with a quick ding! And I look down at it, careful to not lose control on the wheel.

Katy❤️ : Don't follow me, John. It's not worth it.

I came to realize her car was in front of me, slowly becoming faster as I caught up to her. I wasn't going to answer that, because I knew it was completely wrong. It was worse chasing after her. I needed her to know that this wasn't just a little game I wanted to play. I truly wanted to be with her and nothing was going to change my mind. Not even her. I knew she loved me too, just not as much as she thought she was from the beginning. My love for her grew, and the thought of someone like that grew on me, that's why I got where I am today. I'm just going to have to find a way to make it stay like this. I don't want anything more than her or what we have together.

Her black Audi was slowly getting out of my sight, and I was beginning to get worried. I know I was practically wasting my time by running after her like this, but what was the point of letting go of her if she meant so much to me? It would be stupid.

I called her, and put my phone on speaker as we became closer to the beach. Her car was now closer in sight, so I could see it from about a few hundred feet away.

"John..." She began, her voice sounding worried but hopeful at the same time. She was trying to push me for her own good, but I wasn't going to let her. I knew I was the right guy for her regardless what other people said. She spent too much time listening to other people's opinions and never listening to herself. She never considered her own opinion and that's why we're in this huge mess. Of course it was partially my fault, but never had I imagined I would be in a crisis like this one. I know what Katys like, I'm not an idiot. I know her personality and her morals and her reactions and thoughts on social issues. I know everything, probably more than her own family does; because I've paid so much attention to her these past few months, and I don't want to lose that.

"Stop pushing me away, Kate. I know what you're doing." I say. She knew what she was doing too. I wasn't the only one.

"I can't keep doing this, John. I don't know what you don't understand about this! You need to find another woman who's going to love you more than I ever would. You know I'm not right woman for you. I never will be!" The sadness and sureness in her voice made me cringe. Was she being messing around or did she really not love me anymore?

"Katy what on earth are you talking about!? I don't anyone but you and you know that."

"I'm done John! I'm through! Face the fact that Angela's right! You're not the one for me! You never were! Get over me already!" I could hear the small sons coming from her mouth, and how she would look if o was facing her right now. I know how she looked when she cries. Her face would be all red and puffy, and her eyes would get bloodshot. Her skin would turn cold, and she wouldn't want to be in anyone else's arms but mind. But now that wasn't the case at all. She didn't want to be with me.

"I was obviously the stupid one for falling for you in the first place, Katy! I never wanted to get over you! I wanted to get you back! Now if you can't just realize that the-"

"John!" A high pitched scream filled with fear and terror filled my ears, and then I knew. Once I looked up and saw what was in front of me I knew that maybe those could be the last words I would ever say to her.