Empty Arms

I haven't updated in like 2 months and I'm really sorry about that. I feel like none of you enjoy this book so I've kind of given up on it. But i don't know yet. Let me know what you think💜

As I sat there on the seat outside her room, all that could seem to go through my head was guilt. This was all my fault. I drove her to this and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. Time was the only possible solution and I wasn't even completely sure if that was going to solve it. All I knew was that there was no way I could go back in time and fix this. I made a terrible mistake that's gonna stick with me for the rest of my life.

"Mr. Mayer?" A fairly short woman with blonde hair asked, wearing a white doctors jacket. Her name tag read, "Dr. Wright" on it, and a large, wide smile plastered over her pale, lightly wrinkled face.

My red, swollen eyes glared up at her as I let out a large sigh. I was hoping that after sitting here for 4 hours that I would get some average news, but with my luck, it was not going to happen.

"Y-Yeah?" I replied, my eyes barely open from the lack of sleep I was getting. It was around 1 am right now, and I was in no mood for absolute nonsense. What I wanted to know right now was reassurance that my baby was going to be okay. That's all I hoped for. All I wanted. All I needed.

"Well, my name is Dr. Wright and I'm here to inform you that Katy's condition isn't completely stabilized. I'm sure you're fully aware that she was in a fatal car accident, and her body has become very fragile. But you'll be happy to know that you can see her when you'd like." She says with a smile. That wasn't what I wanted to hear though. I wanted to hear something good. This wasn't fucking fair.

"Thank you." I say, emotionless. I rolled my eyes and huffed, running my fingers through my thick brown curls. This was a lot for me to take in. What was I supposed to tell Katy's parents? What were her fans going to say? What stupid stories were the paps going to make up?

I wasn't ready to see Katy yet and I was sure of that. She was probably sleeping or relaxing anyway. On the other hand, she probably didn't even want to see me. This was fucking awful. Katy's parents were going to be so mad at me. How was I going to explain this to them? And especially Angela. Fuck.

I sat there for about twenty more minutes, still deciding on whether or not it was a good idea to see her. Maybe she wanted to see me. Maybe she didn't. It all came down to those two heart wrenching possibilities. I still loved her even thought she probably absolutely hated me. I wanted to do whatever it took to get her back to me.

When I finally built up the courage, I stood up, wiping the tears from my eyes and running my fingers through my chocolate brown locks. I felt sick to my stomach. She was so innocent and she didn't even do anything wrong. I was just the first person to ruin everything. She was the most important person in my life at the moment yet I always found a way to mess everything up when it came to our relationship.

As my hand met the door handle, my body shivered frantically as my breathing became heavy. I was scared to go in there... especially because she could end up being completely mad at me. There were a million things she could do; I just had to prepare myself for it all because it might not be what I expect.

I opened the door slowly, letting out a breath as I took my first step it, still unsure if I should be doing this. But once I walked around that wall, I saw her. I saw her sitting there in her bed with the most beautiful but painful looking smile. She was awake, but she didn't look herself. She was pale, with bruises and sharp cuts covering her gorgeous face.

I smiled back at her, and then ran. I ran as fast I could to the side of her bad and embraced her with all of my might, careful not to hurt her. She hugged me back, but gently and passionate. "I'm so sorry." She sobbed into my chest, holding onto the collar of my shirt. How was she sorry? I was the one who caused half of this mess.