Chapter 14 - Neteyam

I sat at the Metkyina table with my father and Mr. Metkyina. None of my siblings nor my mother had arrived yet. The other family had not either. Dad and Mr. Metkyina were busy having a conversation about meat or something like that. But suddenly they got up. 

"Neteyam we are just heading into the kitchen." Father nodded over at the island about 10ft away and I nodded.

"Tonowari says that someone should be out soon enough and I would say that your mother and the others will be here soon as well." I just nodded at my father not saying anything, what was there to say? I wasn't going to waste my breath on a simple 'Ok'. They just walked away and I was left alone at the dinner table. 

I began to look around the room, there honestly were not many things in the room, but then again there seemed to be so much going on, I had no idea how to explain it. I then felt the sudden need to go to the bathroom so I stood up about to go to it when I realized that I had no idea where it was. 

I just sighed and went up to the kitchen and waited for a break in the older men's conversation.

"Excuse me sir.." Both my father and Mr. Metkyina turned to look at me, father went to go to say something but must have seen me looking at Mr. Metkyina so he did not say anything. 

"Yes Neteyam?" The older man was looking at me and suddenly I felt very awkward.

"I was just wondering where the uh bathroom is." I practically kicked myself when I stuttered, I should never stutter it makes me seem weak. But Mr. Metkyina just chuckled and looked down at the hall.

"Ah my son just walked in, he can show you where to go, Ao'nung come show Neteyam here where the bathroom is!" I turned around and looked over at Ao'nung, he was stood in the doorway with his hands in his pockets. His eyes were watching me with a look in his eyes, I felt something crawl under my skin. However I just sighed and walked over to him. As I got over to him he looked down at me. Holy shit, how was he so tall? 

"What do you need?" His voice was low and my eyes went wide at this, I began to look around at anything but him.

"Uh could you show me where the bathroom is?" I heard what I thought to be an annoyed sigh come from his mouth but yet he still turned around and walked back down the hall. I had no idea if I was supposed to follow him or not so I just kind of stood there for a second when he turned back and looked at me with a frown on his face.

"Well hurry up then." He called down to me and I quickly went after him. I felt flustered and I didn't look at him once but suddenly a door beside us opened and out walked his sister. She looked surprised to see me but she smiled.

"Oh hi! I didn't realize you guys would be here already. Where are you two off to?" Ewya she asked plenty of questions didn't she. 

"Hey Rey." Ao'nung spoke from over my shoulder and he sounded like he was annoyed, I figured that that was just my fault and I bit the inside of my cheek but I did smile at Tsireya and decided I would answer her many questions.

"Hi, no it is just me and my father here right now, Mama and the others are coming soon however and Ao'nung is just showing me where the bathroom is" Ao'nung let out a huff and I turned to see him rolling his eyes, what was his problem? I turned back to his sister and saw her glaring at him.

"Ao'nung if you are going to act like that then I will show Neteyam here where the bathroom is." I smiled at the girl. She was very kind and very different from her brother. It made me wonder if he was adopted.

"What? No I was told by father to show him so that is what I shall do." He grabbed my arm and pulled me away. What the- why was he so strong? And why was Reya.. wait can I call her that? I don't know, I will have to ask, but why was she giggling?  I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize he had stopped and I crashed right into him. Shit.