Chapter 7 - Kiri

She had just dared Ao'nung to eat a full chocolate bar infront of his mother. Kai had gone with him. Kiri knew that it wasn't exactly that bad of a dare but she didn't know these people. So that was one of the best things she could do at the moment.

"Ao'nung! We are about to have dinner and you are eating chocolate! You can wait until after than- DID YOU JUST EAT ALL OF THAT?!" There was the sound of a smack and then there were footsteps and the door flung open with Kai running in followed by Ao'nung. Kai was laughing and Ao'nung was rubbing his arm.

"Ronal just hit him with her jandal!" Ao'nung hit him round the back of the head and Kiri put a hand up to her mouth to hide her smile while Rotxo and Lo'ak burst out laughing earning a glare.
"Oh shut up. It's my turn now. Uhm Neteyam truth or dare?"

The group continued like this for a while until that were called for dinner. Kiri stood up after everyone else and went out the door last. The Metkyinas house was very nice and she just enjoyed looking around.

She found herself sitting next to her father and he eldest brother. Tsireya was sitting across from her. The dinner that the dads had prepared from them all looked good. There were kebabs and corn and everything that you would have in a classic barbecue.

The adults were deep in conversation and Kiri turned to her brother.
"So how are you feeling about.. all of this?" Neteyam looked around the group and back at Kiri.
"I'm not sure yet. I guess we will have to wait till school"
"Yeah I guess indeed. Ohh but I can't wait to be able to take new pictures around this place"
"Of course you ca-"
"OH! I know lots of great spots for photos!"

Kiri looked over at the voice and saw Tsireya smiling at her.
"Oh really?! That's so cool! You have to take me later!"
"Of course I will! There are so many places around Riverton and I can take you other places aswell!" Kiri and Tsireya continued to talk back and forth while they ate.

Dinner ended and her mother checked the time.
"WE should get going as it is late. Come on children" Everyone stood up and Ronal lead them to the door and the rest followed. Kiri waved goodbye and she skipped over to their new house.

Kiri looked at the yard and started thinking of ways to make it look more alive.
"Come in Kiri you are starting your new school tomorrow" Her father was calling her inside and Kiri snapped out of it.
"Coming!" Kiri went into the house and went to her room changing into a pair of green pj's with avocado's on them.

She looked in the mirror and took a few pictures sending then to Tsireya.

[Queen👑] Oo you look amazing! I love them. I might just have to steal them from you.

[Me] WHY thank you. And no you may not steal them they are mine.😤

[Queen👑] Haha ok ok fine I won't steal them..😅

[Me] OK well what are you doing right now I'm like really bored lol

[Queen👑] I am currently hiding in the bathroom with the door locked with Ao's bathrobe.

[Me] What😭😭 HE uses a bathrobe???

[Queen👑] I know he is a very strange human being. Also he will kill me if he finds out I told you so you CAN NOT tell anyone.

[Me] Don't worry I won't tell anyone! Apart from maybe Neteyam. But he won't tell anyone!

[Queen👑] Ome I have to go he's getting Dad. Goodbye!

[Me] Shit good luck girl! Cya!

Kiri through her phone onto the bed and went out to the hall.
"Coming through!" Kiri turned just in time to see her basically twin brother running down the hall with her younger sister chasing after him yelling something in Afrikaans which Kiri couldn't quite catch.

"What did you do?!" She was laughing at them both and just stood there watching.
"I may have taken her favorite pjaymas and now she wants them back"
"Ok whatever" Kiri went into her room and lay down just realizing how much her feet had been hurting.

She sat up taking off her converse and throwing them somewhere on the floor. She stood up and went looking for something to wear tomorrow. She found some nice blue overalls and a green and grey sweater. She set it out and went back to bed.

At around 10pm her phone lit up. Kiri stopped staring at the slceling amd picked it up seeing a notification fron the group chat. She clicked on it andlooked at who was talking.

[Ao'nung fr] I'm bored what is everyone up to?

[Lo'ak😑] Shut up I'm trying to sleep

[Me] Whoa someone's pissed haha

[Lo'ak😑] Why are you still awake?

[Me] I could ask you the same question.

[Ao'nung fr] You guys know that it's only like 10 right? Why are you going to sleep?

[Neteyam😙] Because if you don't our mother will beat us. Not. Kidding.

[Queen👑] HAHA no cause same.

[Rotxo😱] Shame my Grandfather doesn't care and Grandma just doesn't check.

[Me] OK we get it you live with old people.

[Kaii] We do indeed. But we embrace it.

[Tuk😝] can yall shush I'm trying to sleep.

Kiri chuckled and switched off her phone going to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

And another chapter done! I plan on starting another one today and it will be about their first day in school!