14. Corn Dogs

Hyunsoo and I just stayed in class. There was no point to us leaving. Even if we chased after Suah. She still wanted want to tell us why she was running. When she came back she kept her head down. Jukyung and Suho had been talking and they walked in hand in hand. He even pulled her chair out for her. But still Suah didn't want to look at her. When Mr. Han came in he look deflated. "Good morning." He said to us all.

"Good morning, sir." We all said to him.

"It's time for the afternoon assembly." He said to us and it was still the morning when I last checked.

"Morning assembly." We all corrected him.

"If you say so. And please leave if you're not in this class." Mr. Han said as he looked at Jukyung.

"Sir, that's Lim Jukyung." Hyunkyu said to him and he still wasn't himself.

"If you say so. Jukyung?" He asked and she looked confused.

"Yes?" She asked him.

"Are you Jukyung?" He asked her and he looked so confused.

"Yes." She said to him and that's when he looked down.

"Jukyung...welcome back, Jukyung. I mean...I was just...I just...I was so worried about you." Mr. Han said before he turned his back. He was crying. I'd never seen him this way. Everyone started to ask questions. "Sorry about that, guys." He said as he turned to face us again. "Jukyung is finally back!" He shouted and he started to cry again.

"Don't cry!" Everyone started to chant.

"I'm really sorry. Jukyung...That's it." He said and he walked out crying. When assembly was over I started to walk with Seojun.

"What's on your mind?" He asked me and I looked at him. He could tell.

"Dad wants me and Suho to go to America with him. To live." I said to him and we stopped. He looked at me.

"Your not going right." He said to me and I looked at him shaking my head.

"No. I'm not. Although when I talked to Dad after Suho told me. He promised me I could take up acting classes. But I don't want to go." I said to him and he looked at me shaking his head.

"But you're not going. You're staying here." He said to me and I looked at him. How I wish it was that easy.

"I'll stay here. But hopefully it can stay that way. I don't want to leave." I said to him and we started walking.

"I won't allow it. I'd even let you stay with me." He said to me and I had to stay now. I couldn't let him do that.

"Trust me. I'm not going anyone." I said to him. That was when he saw Chorong and he got pulled away. I then found Hyunsoo and we went to class together.

"So, did you tell Seojun about everything?" She asked me when we got to class. Even though he was sat at our table.

"She did. I wont allow it." Seojun said to her and she looked at him.

"And the alternatives to make her stay." She said to her.

"Already talked about don't worry." I said to her with a smile. I could tell they'd become a team now. Trying to make sure that I stay.

"'To make a flower bloom on a swaying branch, how many challenges did the snow have to face? Silently it's must have tapped the branch. Quietly it must have danced. Sliding off the branch a hundred times and more. Look at the euphoric sight that finally bloomed. Every spring, where it was burned once, the branches open the most beautiful scar in the world. Where it was burned once, the branches burst open the most beautiful scar in the world.' How was it?" Mr. Han asked us but I wasn't paying attention whisky he was reading. Seojun and I were too busy drawing hearts in each other's books. When lunch came around I went with Seojun. Putting my head on his shoulder.