OLIVIA

I made my way into the cafe. I try to shake off my encounter with Noah. Although I don't want relationships or to be around other people in general I still know how to fake it and talk to people. I was very popular in high school, or at least until everything changed and then I became popular for other reasons. I had friends and was loved by all and dated the high school quarterback who was a year older than me. I push those thoughts of my old life to the back and gather myself together and take in my surroundings.

The cafe was quiet, but vibrant. There was a mural on one wall that had a black background with bright colored flowers along it, I couldn't help but move toward it and touch it. It was beautiful. I always loved something with color. 

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I jump as I hear a female voice behind me. The girl who spoke to me had a blonde pixie hair cut and wide framed glasses and one of the most warming smiles I had ever seen. I reply, "yes, very beautiful." I turn around to admire it one more time and head to the counter to order from the girl who just spoke to me.

"Sarah." I look at her confused. "Sarah is my name, what's yours?" I pause a little confused on why she is giving my her name.

"Olivia, but everyone calls me Livy," I say with a slight smile. I am definitely out of my comfort zone when talking with people now a days, even though I can fake it and make face doesn't mean its easy, but for some reason it seems easy with her.

"Livy, I love it. What can I get you." I order a sandwich with cup of soup and sit down and wait for it to arrive.

Sarah comes around the corner with my food and surprisingly sits down in front of me. "So tell me your story." I look up as I take a bite trying to understand why she is sitting with me, but I look around and its pretty slow in here so maybe she's bored. 

"No story here." I lied. I will not tell anyone everything except  the vague story I had planned out. That I was from small town in Alabama and homebody who loves to read. So I let her know the vague story and she smiles, "there's more, but that's ok I like you. We are going to be good friends I can already tell." 

"Sarah, no disrespect, you seem nice and fun, but I don't do friends. I keep to myself. I just want to let you down from the get go." I smiled politely and continue to eat. Old me would jump on this and be excited to have a new girlfriend, but I trust no one and can't let myself ever go through what I did. 

"Livy, I will win you over and we will become friends whether you like it or not. Do you like books, you seem like the kind to like books." I stare at her like blankly, trying to figure out how she knows that about me. "You just seem like you hide away in something and I was just hoping it was books, so we could have something in common. I love reading, it's my oasis."

I reply, "I do read. A lot. I tell you what Sarah, maybe we can just exchange books and notes, but I really don't mean to come off rude but I don't plan on making new friends." I stand up and clear my table and look back at Sarah still sitting at my table scanning her phone. "Thanks for everything." I put my hands in my pockets and start to walk away.

"Hey, Livy. Drop in any time, if you want bring a book next time and maybe we can exchange." She goes back to tending to the other customers. I really wanted to be excited that someone befriended me, but I close my self up and head back toward my dorm. I was full and ready to get back and finally set up my room.

I made it back to my room and completely unpacked and sat on my bed to open my latest book, another romance. I am all about the passion and love; knowing I will never have that or want that for myself, books allow me to escape and dream without crossing a line. My phone goes off and I see a text from Trent.

Hey sis, sorry about earlier I didn't have my phone on me. Noah said he gave you some money. I talked with dad and he said it's not the pin but something about giving you his old expired card by accident.