Olivia

I decided to check off one of my things on the list today.

8. Go to a football game.

I don't really need any assistance with that, but to be honest, I haven't been to a football game since the night that changed my life. My boyfriend at the time was the quarterback of our high school football team, he was good friends with Trent, and three years older than me. We met when he had came over to hang out with Trent one day, he was training under him to take the quarterback position when Trent left. Trent was a pretty good brother and always allowed me to hang out with his friends even though there was an age gap. Most of his friends I went to school with and knew, but they were much older, and if it wasn't for Trent, they probably wouldn't even acknowledge me. You could say having Trent as my older brother made me grow up a little quicker than most; I went to parties, hung out with his friends, including the girls that they were dating or hooking up with.

My ex-boyfriend's name was Nick, we had a pretty good relationship up until the last few weeks we were together. We were together for a little over a year and I had not had sex with him because it did not feel right. And the last few weeks of our relationship he was trying his best to push me to. We argued multiple times about it. He would yell at me and tell me I wasn't worth anything that he was just going go fuck another girl, but we always ended up apologizing to each other, making out and trying to move past it.

I had went to Nick's football game one night and they won the game. We went back to a party at a friend's house. I decided not to drink much, but I had a drink that I could sip on. Trent was nowhere to be found but I had Nick by my side, so I felt safe. I noticed about thirty minutes into the party that I was becoming sleepy. Nick asked if I wanted to go upstairs and just chill, which was not uncommon for us. So, I grabbed his hand and followed him up the steps, and went into the bedroom to lay down.

"Just let me rest my eyes," I said barely able to keep my eyes open. Nick didn't say nothing, but I could feel him beside me. I had worn a blue jean skirt with a tight fitted T-shirt and I could feel Nick move his hands up my legs as he tried to go underneath my skirt. I kept trying to tell him to stop that I was tired, but words would not come out of my mouth. It was like I was paralyzed and unable to talk.

"Livy, I am not waiting any more." He said this to me as he pulled my panties off and I couldn't do anything, I tried to scream but nothing came except tears. This couldn't be happening, it had to be a bad dream. Nick was on top of me in no time and  I could feel him slide into me, but not long enough to move back and forth because he was ripped off of me by my brother. Trent beat Nick to a point you couldn't make out Nick's face; it was covered in blood and already swelling. He was knocked out. Trent was pulled off by a friend and I was still paralyzed and unable to move, just crying tears. Trent grabbed and carried me out and I woke up the next day in a hospital.

My mom and dad were by side when I woke up and Trent at my feet. "Livy, you're awake. Are you ok?" My dad asked as my mom grabbed my hand and tears in her eyes.

"Yes, what am I doing here?" I was confused but looking at Trent and his hands it all came back to me and I quickly shot up bringing my knees to my chest.

My dad stood up, "we are going to make him pay for this." He was so sure.

"Did he go to jail," I asked looking at my feet.

"No," my mom replied, "instead they locked up your brother.  We bailed him out this morning. Nick's  parents came by this morning saying they don't believe he could do anything like this and that they would fight it, that we wouldn't ruin his chances at football." I just looked at my feet thinking how could they not believe it when Trent had to literally pull him off of me. There was a witness.

"Livy," my mom sighed, "I have to be honest, it doesn't look good. Your brother could go to jail for assault. We can have them do a rape test on you but because Trent caught it before too much happened there is likely no DNA. It's your word against his right now."

My stomach dropped, I would never win this and I wouldn't bring my brother into this. My mom continued, "Nick's parents told us they have already decided to transfer him to another school in light of the scandal and would like us to drop possible charges and they will do the same for Trent if we do." I look at her thinking she's right there is no case, but I was mad. How can this happen and he get away with it, but I will not let my brother down. I can't bring him down with me.

Trent walks over, "Livy I am so sorry I ever thought Nick was a friend, I should of never introduced him to you." He looked down at his toes.

I turn on my side and whispered, "can I just be alone." They all slowly walked out. I had made my mind up instantly I would do whatever to make sure my brother wouldn't lose his life like I felt like I was losing mine.

Weeks later I went back to school and it was never the same. Everyone looked at me like I had a giant "L" on my forehead. That was why I so badly needed a fresh start and so did Trent. And I was trying to do just that.

I went, cheered and checked it off my list. Trent and Noah won their game. I decided to hang out and meet Trent after the game outside of the football building to congratulate him, secretly hoping I would run in to Noah as well.

Trent came out with Noah by his side and both seemed to light up, obviously Noah held back making a scene, but Trent grabbed me up. "Hey Livy! I didn't expect you to be here. Did you see the game? Noah here made two touchdowns. And they named him captain." I smiled loving that I already kew that but couldn't let him know.

"Yes, I saw the game. Both of you did amazing and congrats Noah on getting captain." I said it so casually, but being in his presence and him in his jeans and white tee had me pooling in between my legs. Noah couldn't help but eyeball me up and down.

"Well, we are going to a party to celebrate, I would offer to let you come but I know you hate parties..." he looks away knowing I why I hate them.

"Yea, I am going to head back to my dorm..." and Noah interjects.

"Olivia, why don't you come out and party with us." I smile, but honestly I don't want to have to be watched or babysat and I know between knowing what little I told Noah and obviously Trent knowing everything that they would feel obligated to watch me and tonight should be about them celebrating.

"Thanks Noah, but I am going to head back. Ya'll have fun and see ya'll later." I turn away sad, but knowing I can't get attached to Noah, this is just a check list he doesn't belong to me. I haven't met his needs in anyway and I am sure he needs to have fun and maybe hook up with his usual and I don't want to be there to witness it.