😵 fighting with the melody #1

BEFORE YOU START READING, READ THIS:

hi ermmm so this is a diff AU!!!!
i'll be shortening the fic titles to clear sum stuff up (PB = pretty boy, FWM = this fic)
in PB cr7 is way more mature since he's alr on his way to win his 2nd ucl + 2013/14 is around the time he started getting a LITTLE more mature, but FWM cr7 is a twink. a twink that doesnt know how to control his emotions and ends up getting love sick (literally. he gets sick in some way.) also he overthinks everything in existence so uh. FUN!!!!

***

"Me? Zlatan? Never!" Cristiano said to Iker, who was teasing him over how whenever he and Zlatan played together, they traded shirts and got all touchy. "What would ever make you think that?!" he said, annoyed.

"I mean, think about it, Cris. You yourself said you like it when they're taller than you," Marcelo joked. "Plus, last Clásico you congratulated him on the goal."

"So?" Ronaldo looked at Marcelo, confused, who was sitting next to him. "That doesn't mean I have a crush on him."

"You never congratulate people. Well.. the ones who win, at least." he said.

Cristiano scoffs. "What, so I can't try to change my attitude?" he murmurs, going a little red.

"Cristiano, the game right after that one you got all pissy because we lost." Xabi pops in, chuckling. "Is he, like, giving you IKEA discounts?"

"Shut up, Xabi. I haven't even gone to IKEA in a while." Cristiano huffs. "If that's the only proof you guys have, this is just a joke."

"Oh, Cris... the friendly?" Higuaín joins in the teasing and everyone watches as Ronaldo slowly gets redder. "That was your first game together and the dude himself said that you kept staring at him,"

"I didn't! He was just... lying for the media!" he hisses. "I don't stare at people. You know that." Cristiano looks down, adjusting his socks.

"Yeah, you don't stare at people, but you stare at hot Swedish dudes who have an ego the size of the galaxy," Marcelo murmurs.

"What was that?" Cristiano asks, looking at Marcelo with a glare.

"Nothing, nothing..." he replies. "Just waiting for you to admit it."

"Admit what!? "

"That you like him," Iker laughs. "or at least that you just find him hot."

"I..." Cristiano stares at the floor. "I don't think any of those things- you guys are delusional!" he jeered. Then he thought about it, and a blush bloomed on his face.

"What happened? Having a deep realization, Cris?" Marcelo teases.

Cristiano buries his face into his hands, a confused mess. "You guys might be right." he says, letting his face be visible, fidgeting with his fingers.

"Lucky you, because we're facing your man right now," Iker says. "Or... well, I mean, unlucky you."

Cristiano blinks, a look of disbelief on his face. He had totally forgotten that today was against Barca. "Oh."

Marcelo's dying of laughter, meanwhile Cristiano just confused about everything. He hadn't even noticed how every time Zlatan was on the pitch, he'd focus on him, he used to think it was because he was the biggest threat, but was he?

He should've been focusing on his "rival" Messi, but he never really did. His focus was on the Swede.

"Ooh, he's on the starting XI this time, too," Marcelo cringes, trying to not laugh. Ronaldo groans.