😵 fighting with the melody #2

angst-ish. pspsps mentally ill people come get your chapter /ref

sorry for the delay this was meant to come out on the 4th but i decided that 2k words wasn't enough + life happened :')

i have school on the 8th so i'll try to update when i finish hw and such

Zlatan wasn't one to worry over people, but with the way Cristiano had acted today, he was a little more than worried. Zlatan also wasn't one to fall in love, but here he was, worrying over the man of the moment, Cristiano Ronaldo. Why was he trying to get away from him? Did he do something wrong? "I've changed, but it's private"? What does it all mean?!

Zlatan groans, rubbing his eyes. He's been fixating on this for too long. He knew he felt something for Cristiano ever since the friendly in 2004, he actually quite enjoyed catching the Portuguese staring at him, but he didn't know he was in love with him until he was about to leave Inter, in the game against Manchester United.Ever since he joined Barcelona, those feelings grow stronger every time he sees him. Whether it's in an El Clásico, when he's playing against Portugal, on the TV, in public... he feels a spark. And he doesn't know why.

He knows Cristiano's acting weird for a reason, but Ronaldo would never fall for him, it's impossible. He sighed, walking into the Barca locker room. They had a game against Sevilla today, it was a La Liga matchday- they had to win this game to get ahead of Real. They were currently tied for points, if they lost this and Real won their next game, it would be over.

"Zlatan!" he heard someone say and looked up, getting out of his thoughts. "You okay?" Xavi asked him. "You look pretty distracted."

"Xavi, I've got a lot on my mind right now," he murmurs, looking at Xavi, adjusting his kit.

"Wanna talk about it?" the Spanish midfielder says. Ibrahimovic drinks from his water bottle, calming down. "What's said here, stays here."

Zlatan huffed. "I'm in love." he replies, sitting down next to Xavi.

Xavi grins. "And here I thought you weren't capable of that," he says. "Who's the lucky person?"

"It's a Real player..."

"Mmm. You chose the right person to talk about this with," he says simply. "I'm dating Casillas."

Zlatan couldn't help but be a little surprised. "You are?" Xavi simply nods, looking at the Swede.

"You don't have to tell me who it is, but whatever you do, don't be like Leo and make it public. Iker and I have been together for a while, keeping it secret and we've been doing wonderful. Trust me."

"Alright... okay." Zlatan sighs. "How the heck do I tell him?"

"It depends on who, Zlatan. Is it Cri-"

"Yes, yes, of course it's Ronaldo," Ibrahimovic sighs, blushing lightly. "I've known for around 6 months now."

"Wow. And here I thought you had balls." Xavi teased, Zlatan huffing. "Well, are you sure he likes you back?"

"No. I don't know, he's giving me mixed messages. Last Clásico, we met outside the locker room. You noticed how nervous and sick he looked, and how he avoided me when I went up to him, yeah? I asked him about it and he said that he changed but the reason was private."

Xavi kind of knew the reason why that happened. "He probably likes you back." he said, as if it was a completely normal thing for Cristiano Ronaldo to be in love with you.

"...Excuse me?" Zlatan said, dumbfounded. "No.. no he doesn't!"

"I said probably." Xavi chuckled. "You can wait longer if you wanna. We still have half a season ahead of us." He said, before getting up. "Focus, please." He then promptly walked away, leaving Zlatan a little flustered.