Chapter 165

As the night unfolded, inundated with phone calls and messages from acquaintances in the entertainment industry, each inquiring about the truth behind the online news revealing the vast wealth of the Ye family and the surprising identity of Ye Liang. The headlines and comments on various media platforms reflected a diverse range of reactions, from shock and disbelief to admiration and envy.

Despite the exposure of his family background, Ye Liang remained composed, scrolling through the comments with a hint of surprise but genuine indifference. New fans passionately defended him, while detractors resorted to malicious speculations about his personal life, sexuality, and character.

Observing this online chaos, Ye Liang maintained a nonchalant attitude, advising Kosen to focus only on the supportive comments. Kosen, who had quickly grasped the situation, expressed concern and empathy, recalling the difficult times they had faced together. The memories of the struggles they endured in the face of public scrutiny, reminiscent of the challenges with Harvey, evoked a mix of emotions in Kosen.

Ye Liang, however, with a resilient smile, reassured Kosen that he could choose how to perceive the situation. He shared his philosophy of not letting malicious comments affect him and emphasized the importance of being true to oneself. Ye Liang also lightened the mood, joking about the resilience required in the entertainment industry.

In a tender moment, Kosen, overwhelmed by emotions, hugged Ye Liang tightly, revealing the deep love and admiration he held for him. Despite the external pressures, Ye Liang's unwavering spirit and determination to remain true to his principles resonated with Kosen.

As they embraced, Ye Liang prepared to address the lingering question Kosen had intended to ask earlier. However, Kosen, displaying genuine concern, redirected the conversation, expressing worry about Ye Liang's well-being amidst the online turmoil.

Ye Liang, touched by Kosen's caring nature, contemplated the complexity of their situation. Eventually, he decided to postpone the revelation of certain truths, not wanting to burden Kosen with the complexities of his past. The night concluded with a comforting embrace and a shared understanding between the two.

The following day held the promise of answers and revelations, as Ye Liang and Kosen faced the uncertainties that lay ahead.

Kesen shook his head, his expression gentle. "It's nothing. It's what I should do."

Suddenly, Yeming tilted his head and kissed his lips, staring intensely at the man in front of him, not wanting to hear him speak any further.

Nothing is a given, nothing is expected.

Kesen hesitated for a moment, then embraced Yeming tightly, leaning down to kiss him.

...

The night was exceptionally quiet. The breeze rustled the curtains, seemingly dispersing the inexplicable sorrows, leaving only tranquility.

Yeming drifted in and out of sleep, waking up to the sunlight. Seeing the man still asleep beside him, Yeming didn't disturb him. Instead, he gazed at his face in a daze.

After some time, he felt the person beside him move, slowly opening his eyes.

In that instant, Yeming knew Kesen was gone. He didn't have to answer his question. Was it something to be happy or unhappy about? Yeming couldn't decide.

...

Shen Ye opened his eyes, looking at the person in front of him.

It had been ten years since Han Xu died again.

He had lived through another lonely decade, different from the previous ones. This time, he held hope but also deep despair.

Hope because he wished Han Xu could be reborn once more, perhaps in some unknown place, Han Xu had come back to life. Despair because he knew their relationship had ended completely. All grievances and resentments had vanished. Even if Han Xu were to be reborn, he wouldn't appear before Shen Ye again.