Secrets & Lies

He hasn't said a word but Prapai already knows what he's thinking. He slowly lets go of Sky's hand, his eyes trained on the floor as he turns around to leave. And it feels like deja vu, just like two years ago.

Maybe if he didn't act up, if he stayed contented, then Sky wouldn't have to choose and wouldn't not choose him. But if they aren't each other's end goal, then what did they do all this for?

Sky's vision blurs with tears yet he can clearly see the other's disheartened form as he leaves. And he knows this may well be the last time Prapai walks out on him...and Sky just can't imagine going through the rest of his life without him.

"P'Pai." He calls out to him against his better judgement, knowing the repercussions—the hell that would be unleashed once everything is revealed. But right now, Sky couldn't care less.

Prapai looks over his shoulder and Sky runs over to him, holding onto his arm liked a frightened child. Prapai notes how cold Sky's hands are and that he's trembling as he speaks.

"P'Pai, just a bit longer...wait for me just a bit longer. I'll come to you. I promise." He utters brokenly. "So please...don't le-"

Prapai pulls him into an embrace then. Sky grips his shirt and starts crying like a delayed reaction to the genuine fear he felt earlier of losing the other for good.

Then Prapai pulls just inches away, looking into the smaller male's brimming eyes and wiping at Sky's tears with his thumb. "That's all I need to know." He says tenderly and plants a kiss on Sky's forehead.

The latter revels in his kiss and his warm embrace, but even when they're this close, his heart yearns for Prapai—all of him.

His eyes flutter open when Prapai's lips leave his forehead and he looks up at the latter with their faces not even an inch apart. How they went for years without each other, neither can remember when even this tiny distance hurts now.

And so, forgetting about the world for just a moment, Sky stands on his tiptoes and reaches for Prapai's lips with his, butterflies exploding in his chest and stomach as soon as their lips touch. And the latter returns the kiss so naturally, pulling Sky closer if it's even possible.

It barely lasts for a minute—short but sweet. But unbeknownst to the lovers, a pair  of prying eyes is watching them in the shadows. And she doesn't just engrave the picture she's seeing in her head, but she snaps a photo evidence of it as well.

~~~

When Prapai arrives at Phayu's condo that night, he has a glow about him that, of course, Rain takes note of.

"I'll just check on the steak." Phayu tells the two, then excuses himself to the kitchen.

It's then Rain remarks, "Someone's in a good mood."

Prapai chuckles, wondering if he were that obvious. But it's also true that Rain is just observant. He comes clean, knowing he's busted anyway. "We finally talked about us, Rain."

"And..." Rain looks at him curiously and it doesn't take much prodding for Prapai to give the details. He nods his head with a smile and says, "He told me that it'll be just a while longer. But it'll happen, Rain. Soon, Sky will come to me and we'll make it official."

Rain smiles softly; he knows it's too early to celebrate but he's happy for Prapai nonetheless. But then...

"What was that?" Phayu asks, suddenly appearing from the kitchen. His brows are furrowed in that disapproving way and both Rain and Prapai know then that they're in trouble.

"You're seeing Sky? Since when? Has he and Ple broken up?" He questions. Neither of the two are really surprised as he's always been the upright type but this is Prapai they're talking about.