Chapter 10

*Dominique's POV*

I quickly lift up my head, half asleep. "Benny, do we have practice today..." I mumble, trying to sit up. My body is too weak so I just fall back down into my bed. Oh well, it's comfortable. I turn my body to see Benny taking the whole bed. Her arms and legs are spread out. "Benny wake up." Still laying there, I give her a little push. I see her body starting to spaz out, and rolls really close to me. I'm now on the edge of the bed. "Benny can you wake up." I whisper into her ear. Her eyes shoot open and her arms fly and hit my hip really hard making me fall hard to the ground. "Ouch! Benny really!"

"Sorry, you scared me." We lay there in awkward silence for a bit. "You have a date today, what are you doing in bed woman!"

I quickly get up and make my way to the bathroom. "Benny, it's not till 5 o'clock and it's 7 o'clock now. So I still have 10 hours!"

"Oh, then why did you wake me up." She complains. This is the first... I'm always the one who's sleeping till 11 in the morning and Benny wakes up around 6 or 7.

"I was trying to ask you something!" She grunts and pulls the blanket over her face. I pull the blanket off her and throw it on the ground. "Do we have practice today?" I ask once more, making my way to her dresser. I look at all the pictures of her and Josh from freshman year. That was the Josh I fell in love with, now I don't feel anything. It's all gone. I pick up the picture right next to it and it was of us three. It was the day Benny ruined our one year anniversary. Our faces looked pissed and Benny's was so happy. As I put the frame down I feel a soft pillow hit the back of my head, hard. "Dude!"

"We're you even listening?" She spat.

"Yes!"

"What did I just say?"

"You, uh- said, um... I forgot..."

"Exactly! I said we don't have practice till next month. So we can go back to sleep." We both lay down and wrap up into the warm blankets. All of the sudden, I feel her body shift over to mine. "Or we could get ready for your date!"

"Why would I get ready this early?" I ask pulling the pillow over my head.

"Do you even have an outfit? Do you know how your gonna do your make-up? Do you know how your gonna do your hair? No? Okay then I suggest you get your lazy ass up and get in the car cause we are going shopping!" She gets up and starts throwing clothes at me. I get up and started changing into the clothes till I realize she picks sweatpants and a sweatshirt. If I recall, it's suppose to be over ninety degrees today. I mean c'mon what do you expect, it's summer in the California.

I throw the clothes back at her and point to the window. She makes her way to the curtain and pushes them open. "Oh shit! The light! It's so damn bright!" I chuckle a bit and go to her dresser. I grab my dark shorts and a cute purple tank with my black converse high tops. While she puts on her blue and pink beach tank and light shorts with white vans, I braid my hair and put it in a bun and Benny's is a plain braid . I put a bit of makeup on and so does she. Benny grabs her keys and walks out the door.

The car ride to the mall was silent. We don't even say one word. By the time we get there it's already 8. Once she parks we walk to the first store we saw, Forever 21. We look around and I try on about 50 dresses till I found the perfect one.

"Benny, what do you think of this dress?" I ask holding up a long plain navy blue strapless dress.

"No, too dull. How bout this one?" I walk around to a short strapless neon pink dress. I give her the face of disgust. "Just try it on."

"Fine, but I get to try on my dress." I walk into the dressing room and strip down to my bra and panties. I slice the dress up and zip it up from the side. "Benny, I don't think this is a dress, it's more like a shirt." I walk to where she is sitting and she bursts out laughing. "I'm not wearing this on a date..." She still cannot control her laughing. Now everyone in the store has their eyes in her. All of the sudden I hear someone yell "slut", which makes Benny laugh even harder.