Chapter 16

I walk into the cold, bedless hospital room where my brother was just last night. I look at my parents who are holding each others hands. "Guys what's going on? What happened to Josh?" My eyes go wide and gasp as loud as I can.

"No no no sweetie, he didn't die! He's in surgery! I didn't want to wake and worry you." My dad comes up to me and gives me a tight squeeze. "Also, how stupid can you be!" He pushes me away and hits me lightly in the arm. "The only way you're going to leave this world is when after I kill you for almost giving your brother your heart!" He slowly raises his voice with hints of anger. "You're my little princess, you can't leave me with my two dimwit of sons." He grabs my face in his hands. "Sweetheart, you have such a big heart. Nobody deserves that heart but you." 

 I wipe what little tears I was trying to hide. "Daddy I love you to the moon and back and you know that but I couldn't just stand here and not do something. My brothers dying and there was nothing I could really do besides give him my heart... but I actually came in here to talk to him. I was planning on telling him that I couldn't give my heart to him. I want to live a long and happy life and I can't do that if I'm dead, you know." I look around and quickly remember that my brothers in surgery with no heart. "So why is Josh in surgery if he doesn't have a heart?"

My mom walks up slowly with a small frown on her face. "Well honey, they found your brother a heart around 3am. There was an accident on the 5 freeway leaving 3 people dead, 2 critically injured and 5 wounded. There was a young adult that was pronounced brain dead and he was also an organ donor so his heart went straight to Josh." I am in utter shock. I don't know how to feel about this horrible accident. People have lost their lives and I'm not being told that my brother is going to live with this new heart. "He's been in surgery for two hours already but with a heart transplant, it can take a lot longer. So we have to wait patiently. You should go for a walk to clear your head, I'll let you know the second I get an update on Josh." My mom gave me a small kiss on the forehead and sat right back down in her chair and props her knee up to use it as a head rest. 

I walk out and go back to the room Dominique and I were sleeping in. "Hey let's go for a walk to the cafeteria, I have some great news about my brother." Dominique quickly gets up with her eyes wide open. I can definitely tell she's been waiting to eat since all this has happened. 

We stroll down the hallways and tell her about everything that happened last night with the accident and emergency surgery. "So... what now? I mean after Josh gets out of surgery and he finds out I don't want to get back together with him. Benny, I love Josh but as a brother. I think I always have but felt pressured into dating him to be closer to you. You always talked about how we'll be sister-in-laws one day and we'll always be together and have beautiful babies." She stops walking and keeps her eyes glued to the floor. "Look, I want you to be in my life forever but I just can't be with Josh anymore. He's not my person. But I think I did find my person." She says almost mumbling. 

I bring my finger up to her chin and bring her head up a bit. "I know I may have forced you two to date and stay together and I'm truly sorry for that. I knew he wasn't your soulmate. I could tell by the way you look at him. Look Dominique, I just want you to be happy and if that means that we're not going to be sister-in-laws then I can be okay with that." I put my arm through hers and start pulling her to the direction of the cafeteria. "Plus I know you already found your person and he's waiting for you in the cafeteria." We walk in and see our guys sitting patiently waiting for someone to give them any news of what's going on. We both look at Zayn who had the most worried face I've seen. I look at Dom and give her the nod to go ahead. I see her make eye contact with him and run into his arms. I then walk up to Liam and give him a big hug before all sitting down at the round table. "So my brothers in surgery getting a new heart." I look at Liam deeply into his eyes and give him a quick smile before laying my head on his shoulder. "He's going to be alright." I say with giving a loud sigh.

"I hope your friend will be okay too" Niall says while pushing his coffee towards him. I shoot my head up and scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. 

"Niall what are you talking about? My brother was the one going into surgery... don't you remember? He kind of tried to kill himself and then he ended up needing a heart transplant." I slowly end up at the end of my seat with my feet flat on the ground. I then raise my eyebrows waiting for a response. "Well is someone going to tell me?!" I raise my voice and bring my hands to the table creating two fists. 

Harry cleared his throat. "Well remember how your friends Rion and Paloma came to visit last night?" He adjusts his seating position. "It seems that they have gotten into quite the accident leaving the hospital. It's already all over the news with their pictures up and everything. They were taken to this hospital." 

I quickly jump onto my feet and start sprinting back to my brothers room where my parents were. I then find Rion and Paloma's parents standing next to my parents in the hallway in front of my brothers room. "Mom, how can you not tell me that it was Rion and Paloma in that accident!! Those are my best friends and you decide to keep this information to yourself?" Trying to catch my breath I give a big hug to the parents. 

My mom takes a few step towards me and puts her hands on my shoulder slightly rubbing them. "Sweetheart, there's so much going on already. I just wanted you to worry about one person at a time. I promise I was going to tell you once I heard Josh was out of surgery." I look at my mom and give her the 'it's okay I forgive you' look and give her a tight squeeze. 

I shift my body to be facing both parents. "So.. any news on Paloma and Rion?" I start biting the inside of my lip, hoping I won't have to see my best friends being buried a week from now. "Will they be okay?" 

_____________________

Wow two chapters in one night... enjoy to the 1 person I know who's gonna read this

Weird fact:

I have 4 pair of Crocs