Chapter 9

6 Months Later
Izuku POV
I HATE THE SWAMP

Its horrible, for the past months the only thing I did was wake up, eat, sail, walk to the crypt, come back and sleep.
The only salvation I found was the few spare times where my carrots and newly found turnips, feed them to my domesticated boars or eat them, there was also smithing my new gear of iron armor and weapons, which I didn't make many because of the scarcity of iron and how annoying it was to get it I didn't go over the top on weapons, a shield, mace, axe, knife and my finewood bow as I still need more iron for a new one.

So there I was, sailing back to the swamp to get my last pieces of iron scrap. Along the way I found something I always thought was very strange, some of the trees in the area have these "green bubles" popping out of a few of the trees, I always kept myself from trying to destroy these, as I belived they had poison inside them because of the green glow, but I already made poison resistance meads, so my curiosity was getting to me.

 Along the way I found something I always thought was very strange, some of the trees in the area have these "green bubles" popping out of a few of the trees, I always kept myself from trying to destroy these, as I belived they had poison inside t...

Izuku: Ok, the bubble seems fragile enough so lets try with arrows

And so I draw an arrow to maybe pierce the sack, but as the arrow touched the object it got reflected and started heading down, luckily it didn't split my skull and only fell besides me.

Izuku: O-ok enough with arrows, maybe I can build a makeshift stair to get up and try something with more power.

And again, I followed my line of thought and started cutting some tree stumps into some planks of questionable quality, but as brought down my axe to another seemingly normal stump with some flowers growing, the ground suddenly started shaking, as I tried to react to what was going on, said stump started to rise its roots that were planted on the ground into the surface, seeing that this tree was alive, and probably not very friendly as I hit it with an axe, I started stepping back, and as I walked back I got a full picture of what I was about to confront and it was horrible. The said stump was like the head of a spider and the before underground roots were concetrated into four leg-like appendages with brought his body up from the ground.

 The said stump was like the head of a spider and the before underground roots were concetrated into four leg-like appendages with brought his body up from the ground

Izuku: Uh yeah, no im NOT fighting that abomination, Im just going to sneak aw-.

I got interrupted as I tripped over a tree branch and fell on my back with a loud thud.

Thudd

Izuku: ...

Abomination: Grrr

The abomination-tree-thing turned its, head? Whatever, what's important is that the wooden beast is coming towards me and Im not very confidente fighting such a big thing in the swamp. But I couldn't run away as I had a tree on my back, suddenly the abomination striked.

Swipe

The beast tried an horizontal strike with one of its wooden legs, but I ducked, the strike did hit the tree behind me and cut it down. Now serious, seeing the damage that the beast could do, so I equip my iron axe and tried thinking of something but the abomination hit me in the side of my arm, the armor protected me from some of the damage but the whip like attack still hurt me.

But as the monster tried to gain a foothold again, I tried to chop one of its legs, but the roots were far to tough and almost did nothing but angering the already raging beast, It also pulled his body up trying to make a slam-like attack with it head to crush me, but I stepped back once again to dodge the move, while It was stuck in the ground I saw a green light glowing under the head of the beast, so I tried chopping that up and surely it was softer than the rooted legs, but as I went for another strike, but one of the legs impaled me with their sharp roots, ignoring my armour and brought me against a tree, the roots keeping my in the air, my axe has already fallen due to the blow and I was in a precarious position.

Izuku: Gah!!

Abomination: Hrgggh

The abomination was charging up an attack that would surely kill me if It hit me, but I couldn't die now after all my struggle, so I held my iron knife stiffly and struck again on its weak point, praying that It would do the job and...

Thud

The beast was finally slain, with a broken shoulder and the rest of the iron I head back to my home, getting tired of going into the swamp.