chapter 4

TW WARNING: v0mit!!

the door barged open, and my heart raced even more. What was going to happen? Why did Johnny lean closer, and closer? I'm not complaining, though. I was just super confused.

Were we going to kiss? I mean, it wouldn't be that horrible. But, really? Two guys, kissing each other? That would be a little weird, right? I mean, it's the 60's. I don't think anyone would accept that.

I stood up quickly, and looked in the living room. It was just Sodapop, thank goodness. "Hey, sorry, I forgot my wallet. See y'all later." Sodapop then ran out the door.

I stood there, struck dumb. I turned around to look at Johnny, and his face was red. Probably more red than my ears. I don't know why my ears get hot or red. It's just something that happens to me.

"Um," Johnny started as I sat back down. "Sorry, man. I- I don't know what I was thinking." Johnny sighed and looked away. I was a little bummed out, to say the least. No - I was really bummed out. Would it be so bad if we actually kissed? I mean, I get it! We're two boys. But..

What was I thinking? Obviously I don't have the hots for Johnny. I'm sick. That's why I was acting weird. "It's okay, Johnnycake. It was.. It didn't mean anything, right?" I said, faking a chuckle. He sighed and grinned. "Yep." I smiled weakly and bit my lip, looking down. "I'll.. I'll get going. See you, Pone." Johnny stood and walked away, to the door.

He went outside, and that was that. I was alone now, I thought. I looked around and paced.

What was that all about? Was Johnny actually going to 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 me? I bit my lip, hard. I could tell my ears were red. Thank goodness I'm home alone, right now. I sighed and plopped down on the couch.

"What am I doing?" I muttered to myself. What 𝘸𝘢𝘴 I doing? I was panicking over my buddy, for Pete's sake. Why?

Why have I started feeling weird around Johnny, or feeling weird when I thought of him?

I'll have to ask Sodapop. He knows all about feelings. I heard banging on the door. "Come in," I said. Two-bit walked in and sat down beside me. "What's hanging, Horsey?" I bit my lip. "Don't call me that, Keith." Two-bit laughed.

He was never serious. "Oh? Callin' me Keith now, are we?" He laughed harder. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "What were you doing by yourself?" I rolled my eyes, again.

"Johnny was here just about five minutes ago. Why do you care?" I asked bitterly. Two-bit raised his arms. "Woah, woah! Calm down, fella!" Two-bit grinned. I looked down at my feet.

"Have any girls on your mind, recently?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "No. Why would I?" I asked. Two-bit chuckled. If he wasn't my buddy I would probably hit him.

Why was I so angry? Was it because Johnny left, just like that? "Look, kid, sooner or later you'll find someone you're gonna fall for!" Two-bit said, dramatically. Or at least, I thought he was being dramatic.

"Yeah, but it didn't happen yet. So stop botherin' me about it." I stood up and walked in the kitchen, fixing myself a cup of chocolate milk. Two-bit followed me.

"You do have someone in mind, huh?" I set my empty glass down and sighed. "Shut up, Two. I told you, I'm not interested in any girl at the moment. So, butt out." I said, harshly. "Okay.. a boy?" I groaned and threw the glass on the ground. "Leave it alone, Two! It ain't funny!" Two-bit was getting angry now. But, then I realized what I was doing, and why I was doing it.

I broke my glass. And I was angry, because I didn't understand my own feelings. I stood there, with my mouth dropped open as Two-bit picked up the pieces of glass. "Keep your cool, kid." Two-bit said, bitterly. I bit my lip and looked down. "I'm sorry, Two-bit. I didn't mean nothin' by it." Two-bit grinned.

"It's alright, kid. Just, try and keep it down a notch, will you?" Two-bit winked at me. I grinned and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, sure." I helped with the last little pieces of glass, and threw it in the trash. "Want some food? Johnny made some chicken salad and left it here." I smiled.

Johnny.. Where did he go? He couldn't have gone to his home. Was he at the lot? Was he feeling the same way I was? I was dumbstruck. But I kept my cool, like Two-bit told me. Why did I smile whenever Johnny was mentioned? I was nearly grinning at the thought of it. What was happening to me? Was I going insane?

I snapped out of my thoughts, as I looked at Two-bit grabbing some chicken salad. I grinned. Johnny was a good cook. Not as good as Darry, but still good. Johnny was good at almost everything. How could he stand being so 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥?

I shrugged and grabbed my own plate, fixing up some seconds for myself. It was real good.

I ate most of what was on the plate, and groaned. I held my stomach in my hands. "What's wrong?" Two-bit asked, more serious than he's been in the past month. "Nothing. Just a little sick, is all. Don't worry 'bout it." I gave a weak smile and felt a familiar ball coming up from my stomach.

I stood and walked to the sink quickly, waiting to throw up, again. I did, and Two-bit chuckled. "Maybe you should go rest for a bit, eh?" I groaned and nodded. "Sure," I said, weakly.
I walked to my room and slowly tried to lay on my back, without throwing up again.

"Man, you really do have a fever, huh?" I heard Two-bit say, softly. I was glad he wasn't being his usual, loud self. If he was, I'd probably vomit again. I knew I couldn't handle anything too big right now, and I sighed.

I always get sick in the winter, or summer. I got moody every time I did. Why? I don't know. I shut my eyes and sighed, as I felt Two-bit sit down beside me.

What if Johnny ran away? I wouldn't like that one bit. I don't think he would, he has the gang for Pete's sake. But, what about me? What if he ran away 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦?

What if?