chapter 14

The next morning, when I woke up, everyone was gone. It must've been late when I woke up. It was the weekend, anyway, so I didn't understand why everyone was gone.

It was all quiet, that's how I knew that everyone was gone. I stood from my bed and walked out, into the kitchen. I checked what time it is. It's early, so why isn't anyone here?

I didn't bother putting a shirt on, in fact, I went outside and walked around, trying to find any sign of the gang. And I did.

I heard a groan and muffled voices. I looked around more and saw Steve carrying someone. What happened? I ran over to them. "What's going on?" My voice was weak, since I had just woken up. "Shut up, kid, we're goin' inside" Steve whispered, a hint of bitterness tingling off his tongue. I rolled my eyes and ran back to my house. Man, I was already active and I woke up not even ten minutes ago.

When we all got back to my house, I had found out Steve was carrying a beat up Johnny. He got beat by his dad again. Man, did I want to bawl. Steve set Johnny down on the couch. He didn't look really pretty, if you know what I mean. He looked almost as bad as he did when the Socs got ahold of him.

I kneeled down beside the couch and stared at Johnny, inspecting his wounds and bruises. "Johnny?" I spoke softly, not wanting to startle him. He opened his eyes slowly and smiled weakly. "Pony. . ." He whispered, lifting his hand and cupping my face. He brought me in for a quick and soft kiss. It was short, and I will admit; I wanted it to last longer. But, with the state Johnny was in, I knew I had to pull away. "Are you going to be okay?" Johnny shrugged slightly. "I guess." I smiled slightly and bit my lip. I had an idea. "Here," I said, lifting Johnny up from the couch. I layed on it, and I told him to lay on me. He seemed to like it. I smiled to myself and played with his hair. Darry came in the room.

"You boys take it easy, okay?" His voice was soft. I nodded and continued to play with Johnny's coffee hair. Darry, Soda, and Steve left the house. But, Dally and Two-bit stayed. They sat on the ground as we all watched Mickey Mouse. "Pony?" I heard Johnny mumble. "Yes?"

"Can we go in your room?" I knew it took him a bit to say that. He was still weak from getting beat from his dad.I smiled slightly. "Sure." He got off of me and stood up, waiting for me. I stood up and took his hand in mine, as we walked to my room. But, Johnny stopped to go in the bathroom. He didn't close the door, he was just looking at his face. I walked in and hugged him from behind. "You wanna clean up first, Johnnycake?" I said, smiling. He nodded and sat on the counter. I grabbed a mini hand towel and soaked it with hot water and rubbing alcohol, placing it on his temple. He had a tiny cut there, so he flinched a little. "You're okay," I assured him. He bit his lip and frowned. "Why me, Pony?" I sighed and shook my head. "I don't know. I really just don't know. . ." I whispered. I leaned in and gave him a peck on his lips.

He sniffled and stared at me. "You know we love you, right?" Johnny didn't say anything. "Especially me." I winked. He smirked a little, looking down at his knees. I placed my hands on his waist and pulled him in for a kiss.

After a while, we ended up just laying down and giggling at stupid things.

It was a good day.