chapter 11

Johnny came running in the room. "Pony?" I bit my lip and looked down. "Hi, Johnny." I looked up and grinned. Or, at least tried to. "You feeling okay? What happened?" I shrugged. I was overwhelmed with emotions and I wanted to cry right then and there. "I guess I just passed out." I said, sheepishly. He chuckled and smiled sadly. "Um.. Can we have a minute alone?" Soda sighed and nodded, leaving the room. "Listen, I don't want to break up. I love you, Ponyboy. But if that's what you want I'll support it; even though it's not my favorite thing." I nearly bawled at those words.

"I don't want to break up. I need you." I said, a little too desperately. Johnny smiled and nodded, leaning down to kiss my cheek. "So, are we good now?" I nodded. "I hope so. Why didn't you visit?" He looked down. "I thought you hated me."  I frowned and looked down. "I'm sorry. I don't hate you." He scoffed. "That's what Dally told me."

"What?" I asked, bitterly. Dally told Johnny that I hated him? What's the matter with him? I gritted my teeth and stood up. "Where is he?" Johnny shrugged. "He just came to Two's and told me to come see you." I walked out the room and clenched my jaw. Where. Is. Dally? I was blazing with anger. Luckily, he was in the living room. "Dallas." I said. He turned to look at me and wave. "Hey, kid-" I cut him off. "Why did you tell Johnny that I hate him?" He laughed. Why is he laughing? "Oh, I thought you guys hated each other. You know, ignoring each other for a few days isn't a good sign." I stomped closer to him.

"I never said that I hated him. If anything, I hate you!" I screamed, walking out the door and slammimg it shut. I ran to the lot and nearly puked. I was in no condition for running, maybe even talking. My voice was as weak as a bee without a sting. I picked up a rock and threw it, hearing a bump. I might be hit a car, but I didn't care. Why is Dallas so stupid? I sat down on the ground and sighed.

I stayed there for what felt like forever. But I cooled off enough to go back home. But, when I did, I didn't like it so much. Dallas was talking to Johnny on the couch. Why am I so jealous?

Johnny looked at me and stood up quickly. "Hey," He said, quietly. I smiled and nodded. "Hi." I whispered back. "Dal wants to tell you something."

I bit my lip. I hate Dallas and I meant it. "Okay." Dallas stood up and walked over to me. "Look, kid, I'm sorry if I caused any trouble between you two. I genuinely thought you guys were over with." I sighed. I forgave him but I didn't want to. I wanted to be angry.

"It's alright, thanks." He smiled and went to go sit back down. "Pony, can we talk?" Sodapop asked from the kitchen. I felt myself stiffen, but I agreed to do so. "Okay." He went to our room as I followed him. "So, you and Johnny, huh? How's it going?" I shrugged. "Getting better. Why?" Sodapop shrugged. "Look, I know you guys love each other, so I want you guys to. . . fix whatever's goin' on, you hear?" I smiled and nodded. "Yeah. We did." He smiled and reddened. I knew he was thinking of something else. "What's on your mind?" He widened his eyes a little, and bit his lip. "Nothing."

I sighed. I knew he wanted to talk about something, but I don't want to push him even further. I can't make him do something he doesn't want to do. "I'll get Johnny for you." He smiled and left the room.

After a few seconds, Johnny came in. "Hi." He whispered, shyly. "Are you okay now?" I nodded. "Yeah. Why?" He Shrugged. "I care about you, Pony." He whispered, cupping my face and leaning in closer and closer. I felt myself get hot and I closed my eyes.

And we kissed. Not a hungry kiss, but more of a sad and passionate kiss. I felt my body get hot like lava. His lips danced with mine and boy, was I happy! I placed my hands on his hips gently and we pulled away. "I love you."  I whispered. "I love you too." I smiled and took his hand, and we sat on the bed.

"Look, I'm sorry about what I sai-" I cut him off. I didn't want to remember. "It's okay. I forgive you, Johnnycakes. You were drunk, it's fine." He smiled as I said that. Boy, his eyes were beautiful.

I leaned in to kiss his cheek. His skin was so soft, but dirty at the same time. "Go take a shower, buttnugget." Johnny looked at me weird. "Buttnugget?" He said, laughing. I laughed, too. His laugh was contagious. "Go on." I said between giggles. He shrugged and did as I told him. I sighed. I didn't have much to do, except wait for Johnny. I picked up a random book and started reading.

-

After a long ten minutes of waiting, Johnny walked in the room. "Hey." He said, holding his towel up. "H-hi." I said, I didn't want to stare at Johnny. I was afraid that'd make him uncomfortable. "Whatcha readin'?" He asked, wrapping the towel around his waist. "Oh, I don't even know. I haven't been paying attention to it." He chuckled softly and sat next to me. "Aren't you going to get some clothes on?" I said, teasingly. I put down my book. "I want to kiss, first." I froze. I looked at him slowly and I stared at his lips. He leaned in closer, and I did, too. Our lips met. Shoot, I thought, his lips were so soft, they were like pillows.

After a minute of just pure kissing, he decided he should get dressed into some clothes. For the rest of the day, I just hungout with Johnny. And it felt good.