Chapter Thirty-six ✿

As I get up another demon catches my attention, I look at the demon then back to Inosuke and Tanjiro, "Can you guys handle this one alone?" Tanjiro nods, "Yeah, were good, just go get that other demon before things get messy" I nod and run after it,

I chase after it until it comes to a point where ive lost it, I look between the two directions it could have gone before sighing in disappointment, I suddenly hear a rustling in the bushes, I quickly turn to face it before momentarily seeing the demons shadow in the forest, I start running after where I saw it

"Hey! Stop there!" I yell out, trying to catch my breath, The rustling starts again, but then stops when the demon comes out of the bushes, I take a second to study the demons appearance,

He stood a couple inches taller than tanjiro, his hair was almost a peachy colour, I couldnt see his face as it was covered by a mask, but I couldve sworn I knew him from somewhere.

I pull out my sword, "Take off the mask" the demon says nothing, not a single sound was heard besides leaves hitting the ground, "now."

The demon stayed still. Still not daring to speak a single word, make a single movement, I find myself starting to question if the boy even was a demon, or maybe some weird squatter or a stalker?? I shake the negative thoughts from my head when I hear him start to speak

"No." I sit there for a second no? Thats all? I take a step closer "Take. it. Off." he sighs "I cant do that."

"What are you?" I ask, I couldnt see his face, but I could feel a confused aura coming off him "Pardon me?" He says, asking for clarification, "I said, what are you? A demon, Abraham Lincoln, God?"

He looks at me confused. "Jesus christ, Y/n." I pause. I turn to look at him and stare at him confused for a moment.

"How do you know my name?"

He pauses, Clearly noticing he fucked up. I dont know who he is, but clearly he has some kind of plan he just messed up

"Would you believe me if i said i actually was God?" He said, clearly trying to make a lie to cover up whatever he just did.

I shake my head "Nuh uh, tell me who you are. Now."

He steps closer and i wave him away "ah ah ah. Stay over there." he backs up, look, who I am doesnt matter, im here to help you"

I narrow my eyes "well clearly your help isnt that important if you were ready to run away and ditch five minutes ago."

He scoffs, "well, I cant be surprised, you always did have an attitude."

"Dude, how do you know me??"

"Listen," he sighs "Im just here to tell you, you need to go to lady tamayo in the next two weeks"

I cross my arms, this random kid has just been watching me, then tried to run away, and then revealed that he knows everything about me, so why should i trust him. "Why."

"I cant tell you that"

"Well why should I trust you"

He walks closer, but this time i dont tell him to back up "I cant make you trust me, all i can do is you warn you, whether you listen to me or not is your choice, and if you were to get hurt because i couldnt convince you, i wouldnt be able to forgive myself."

I roll my eyes. He doesnt even know me. But he continues talking "However, if you do get hurt. Dont say i didnt warn you." He says before walking away and literally disappearing into thin air?

"Dude?! Whered you go!?"

As I call to the guy hoping for him to come back I feel someone grab the collar of my shirt and drag me into a house

"Hey!" I yell, the person throws me into a spider web, which really fucking hurt by the way, but it allowed me to get a better look, this demon had a white mullet and was no doubt related to the other demon me and tanjiro were fighting earlier, I groan "When will i get a break"