The last picture show

***

Jugheads at pops sitting in a booth while typing on his laptop and a waitress comes over and offers him coffee.

Jughead - It's been a week since the
discovery of Jason Blossom's body.

But his death is not the first,

nor would it be the last casualty

that the town of Riverdale would suffer.

The Twilight Drive-In where I work,

my home away from home,

a piece of town history,
is closing for good,

just when we needed a place
to escape to the most.

With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door

and neighbor suspecting neighbor,

Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming

more like Salem during the witch trials.

And meanwhile, the girl next door,

our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock Blonde, Betty Cooper,

was wrestling with the knowledge

that her best friend, Archie Andrews,

was caught up in a forbidden romance.

——

Betty is in her room, in her bed, writing in her diary about Geraldine and Archie.

"Dear Diary,

Sheriff Keller doesn't know what I know,

that Riverdale High's music teacher, Geraldine Grundy,

was at Sweetwater River the morning Jason Blossom went missing,

and that since Archie was also there,

they could have been there together."

——

Fred and his son Archie Andrews are at a music recital watching Ms. Grundy play the cello. Clueless Fred not knowing that his son is secretly fucking his teacher. "I had to beg him to let me come." you say? Yeah okay...totally not suspicious.

"She is incredible." Fred told his son next to him.

"She's the best." Archie replied.

Geraldine continued to play the cello while making eye contact with the redhead before her. As if it didn't change to a sex scene flashback. Yeah totally didn't.

Geraldine was packing up her cello when Fred and his son, Archie walked up to her.

"I'm usually more of a classic rock kind of guy, but that was beautiful. Truly." Fred told her.

"Congratulations, Ms. Grundy." Archie said somewhat awkwardly as he passed the bouquet to her.

"Thank you, both of you for coming." She said to them.

"No, you kidding? Archie, he wouldn't miss it. I had to beg him to let me come." Fred said to her.

"Great. I'll see you at school, Ms. Grundy. Let's go, Dad." Archie said as he grabbed his father's shoulder, wanting to leave. Totally not suspicious. At all.

"Well, I was thinkin' that, you know, if you're gonna be alone tonight, we could take you out to dinner." Fred suggested.

Archie looked like he was about to shit his pants.