In a Lonely place

——
Third-person POV:
——

Is it warmth and familiarity?

Some idealized, make-believe version of the American Dream?

Is it love and acceptance?

Or is it simple safety?

The alarm rang, only making jughead wake up because y/n sleeps like a baby past the alarm.

He hit her with the pillow, waking her up as she groaned. She stretched her arms out the sound of her bones cracking filling the room.

"That alarm." She frowned groaning.

"Calm down." He said getting up.

They both gathered their stuff for a shower peeking their heads out the door so they wouldn't get caught and then headed to the locker room.

——

After y/n was done with her shower she wrapped her towel around her naked body put on her slippers and went to stand by the sinks so she could brush her teeth, looking into the mirror next to jughead who was also brushing his teeth.

Y/n yawned and looked down, the 3 hours of sleep she had finally got to her, her damp hair falling over her face. She held her towel tight against her body and splashed cold water on her face.

Neither of them seemed to notice the redhead come into the locker room.

"Guys?" Archie said to them.

They both exclaimed in surprise and turned around.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked them.

"Taking advantage of the school's state-of-the-art facilities." Jughead said, y/n nodding in agreement.

They both turn around towards the sink.

"No really, guys what are you doing here?" He asked them.

Y/n and jughead looked at each other momentarily and sighed.

——
(Again, let's pretend that the supply closet is bigger and cleaner than it is in the show.)

After they got dressed they showed Archie where they were staying.

He crouched down looking around the closet before looking back at the pair.

"How long?" He asked them.

"Since they shut down the drive-in. That's where I was living before." Jughead answered.

"Why the hell are you two not living at home?" Archie asked them.

"Truth is, things aren't good at home," Jughead told him.

Y/n nodded in agreement, bringing her hand to her mouth, and started to nervously bite her fingernails.