To Riverdale and Back again

A/N: Almost to season two <3

"That's incredible, Paul. You will keep us posted,
won't you?" Y/n heard her mom say from her room.

She was getting ready for school, currently packing all her camera gear so she could take pictures for the set up of homecoming, and during homecoming day she had to take pictures as well.

"Oh, my gosh. When can we have a day without mentioning the guy who's in jail." Y/n said slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"That guy we mention every day is your father. You both need to be supporting your father not demonizing him!" Hermione said to them. "Again, for things that you have no proof of." She told them.

"Ah, that sucks. I don't care." Y/n said leaving the apartment.

——

When Y/n and Veronica got to school, they were immediately ambushed by Archie.

"Hey uh, y/n, you think I could talk to Veronica for a second?" Archie asked.

"She's all yours. I gotta go anyway- pictures to take, see you later, Ronnie." Y/n said walking away. Making her way to the gym.

——

"Sorry to interrupt, but I have an announcement to make." Cheryl said.

After spending half of her morning in the gym taking multiple hours of picture taking, she was finally at lunch.

"One that tangentially involves you, Betty. I'm bringing Polly to the dance as my date, and we're campaigning as co-queens of Homecoming Court." Cheryl said.

"Because why?" Betty asked.

"Because, Nightmare Smurfette, by all rights, it should've been Polly and Jason on that stage being crowned. This is the next best thing. So... Don't forget to vote, and I'll see everyone at my coronation!" Cheryl said walking away.

"That's kinda good I guess, Cheryl's finally thinking about someone other than herself." Y/n admitted.

"Betty, about the homecoming dance, can I play a couple of songs? I kind of told my mom that..." Archie was requesting but Betty made a face as if he asked if he could kiss Jughead.

"...whoa, you don't want me to?" Archie asked.

"No, no it's not that, Archie, it's just um..." Betty was trying to figure out the right words without hurting his feelings. "This dance needs to be fun. And your songs, as amazing as they are..." Betty was saying.

"They make you wanna slit your wrist." Jughead told her.

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows.

"In a good way." Jughead assured him.

"In an amazing way." Veronica reassured him.

"But no need to fret, Betty. 'Cause Archie asked me to sing with him, and we're thinking about doing some upbeat covers." Veronica said to her.

"We are?" Archie questioned.

"Aren't we?" Veronica asked.

——

After lunch was over, it was time for y/n to go back to the gym and at least help set up. At least Betty was there, y/n loved Betty.

She was currently holding the ladder so Betty wouldn't fall off of it, white betty was setting up the lights.

She stopped when her phone rang. "Who's that?" Y/n questioned.

"Polly." Betty mouthed to her. "What's going on? And why are you running to be homecoming co-queen with Cheryl?" Betty asked her sister.