Heart of darkness

——
Third-person pov:
——

Every town has one.

The spooky house that all the kids avoid.

Ours was Thornhill, the Blossom family's mansion,

with its very own graveyard.

And, trapped within its walls

like some gothic heroine, was Cheryl Blossom.

Still grieving for her beloved brother, Jason.

Linked in death even as they were in life.

-

Y/n felt something poking her repeatedly. Then she felt water being poured onto her face.

Y/n jolted up like she just woke up from a bad dream, gasping for air with her hand on her chest.

"Jug! What The Fuck!" she yelled at him.

"You wouldn't wake up." he said with a laugh.

"You do realize that you could've done anything else? You could've slapped me! Why the fuck would you pour water on my face?!"

He just simply shrugged, which made y/n even angrier.

"Ok fine." she said calmly as she got up and wrung the access water that was in her hair.

She left the supply closet and grabbed the bowl he used on her, on her way to the bathroom. Wet feet slapping against the floor.

She thought Jughead would be smart enough to know that she was gonna get back at him, she thought that he was gonna run and hide but by the time she got back he was sitting on the bed, happily scrolling through his phone.

She didn't come into the supply closet with the bowl in her hand, she took hold of Jughead's phone so the water wouldn't cause any damage to it.

He didn't anticipate that was gonna happen so when he did look up, he looked with a smile, she took his phone only to be met in the face with a nice cold bowl of water.

He gasped for air.

"Calm down." she said as she rolled her eyes when she tapped his face lightly.

"Clean the water up." She told him.

-

They both thought it would be safer to use only one locker room so they would not get caught so easily.

After y/n showered and put on her clothes she went to the sinks and brushed her teeth.

Jughead joined her not too long after.

She spit the toothpaste that was in her mouth into the sink so she could talk to Jughead.

"So like- how long do think we are gonna be staying here?" she asked looking at him.

"I haven't worked out a plan for this yet- but! I don't know." he shrugged.

Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Why can't we go to your trailer? I'm pretty sure we don't have to sneak around there." y/n asked.

"It's not my trailer... it's my dad's and we're not really in a father and son bonding type of mood."

"Plus you have an apartment to go back to why not just stay and ignore your parents?" he asked and then went back to brushing his teeth.

"You know, I have never thought about that...I could go back if I wanted to, it's not like she kicked me out, I left. But if I do go back...I'll have to apologize because she's my mother and I don't like apologizing to people." she turned to Jughead. "You are like the first person I have apologized to in years...Like a real 'sorry, I'm so sorry' type bullshit."