Anatomy of a murder

A/N: ONE MORE EPISODE...

"Someone planted the gun...Jason's murder weapon in a closet in FP's trailer. It wasn't there when we searched for it. He's being framed, Betty." Archie informed her.

"Well, maybe you didn't see it." Betty said.

"We're not talking the vogue closet here, Bee." Veronica told her.

"Well, maybe you looked in the wrong one." Betty said.

"It's a trailer with literally one closet. There was no lockbox. No gun. Whatever sheriff Keller is saying he found, it wasn't there." Veronica told her.

"Look, we need to tell jughead his dad's innocent. Where is jughead- where's y/n?" Archie asked.

"I don't know. I tried calling both of them, I left them messages. They're not answering." Betty said.

"In the meantime..." Veronica said.

"Should we talk to Sheriff Keller?" Betty asked.

"Not until we tell our parents." Archie said.

"That we broke into FP's trailer?" Veronica asked.

"My dad will know what to do." Archie informed them.

——

"You did what?" Fred asked.

"We had to make sure FP wasn't involved in Jason's murder." Archie told him.

"And now we know the truth. He was." Alice said.

"What? Mom, no. We just told you." Betty said.

"The gun was planted." Archie said.

"By whoever killed Jason." Veronica added.

"Couldn't you have just missed it?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, excuse me if I trust the detection skills of an officer of the law over three amateur sleuths." Alice said.

"Mom, you're the one who asked Veronica to break in!" Betty reminded her.

"Excuse me?" Hermione exclaimed.

"What!" Mary said.

"Alice?" Fred asked.

"Actually...I approached Mrs. Cooper. I had to know if FP was involved, and if he was connected to my dad." Veronica told them.

"A gun was found. FP is the killer. Case closed. We're leaving." Hermione said.

"There was no gun!" Archie said.

"Son, this isn't petty theft or a bar fight we're talking about, Archie. This is murder." Fred said.

"Okay, fine. Then we'll go to the sheriff without you." Archie told him.

"Archie, you entered FP's residence illegally. So whatever you did or did not find there would be inadmissible in a court of law." Mary informed him.

"I don't care what happens to me." Archie told them.

"I do care. FP may have ruined jughead's life, I'm not going to let him ruin yours." Fred said.

——

Y/n was leaning against the window of the pay phone, wanting to give Jughead some privacy while he was on the phone with his mom.

She was still in her homecoming dress and he was still in his suit. Although he had a whole bag full of stuff, he was ready to go.

She looked down at the socks she was wearing and sighed, it was either that or walk in heels. And she didn't want jughead to be tired from carrying her and walking.