Chapter 8: Elizabeth's Gift.

There is a cut in my hands. It makes me wonder what Elizabeth was up to yesterday, but as I have always done all this time, I close my eyes and try to convince myself it doesn't really matter.

Deep inside I know I have to stop lying, one day.

Closing the door behind me this morning to go to school, I jolt at the sound of my name in a voice I recognize. It's Kota, standing by a car, looking at me. By his side is Nathan, who waves and smiles.

"Come here!"

I smile and cross the road. Maybe they did notice. Maybe they care. Would it be so imposible, so far away from reality?

"Hi, guys" I greet, pulling the long sleeve of my light sweater down so they can't see the scar and start asking question if they really care . It's not chill enough to wear one yet, but since I don't have make up and I'll be damned if I get into mom's room to look for it, I have to cover my new injury."What are you doing here?"

I see their eyes following my actions, and I start to get nervous, but the only thing they do is looking at each other and communicating like that, in a way I can't interpretate.

"I live here" Kota says, and I notice he's not frowning at me anymore. He points to the house behind him with his finger "Nathan lives a few houses down. I hadn't see you before around, did you just move?"

"Oh. Yes... I just... I don't really like being outside"

Lies. Lie, lie, lie. I like being in the woods, in the streets, under the shining sun. But I hide. I used to hide from Mother's rage in my room all those years, but now I hide from what Elizabeth can do, and for the fact that I feel so embarrased of this problem, of this person who is inside of me and I don't know.

"Is that so?" Nathan examines me. He doesn't seem to believe me.

My hands start to shake, so I tried to hide them behind my skirt. I try to smile but I'm not sure I made it right.

"Humm... yeah. Well, see you at school?" I walk backwards to get on going to the bus stop, but they stop me.

"We would be honored to take you there" Nathan winks. I feel myself blush really hard. I look the other way.

"Oh. Hummm, well, I..."

"Perfect!" Nathan takes my backpack for me and smiles down at me, since he is too tall. His smile is like lightining a match in the dark "Wait until we tell the other guys. They'll be jealous. By the way, where you sick yesterday? We missed you at school"

My outside me smiles, but the inside me goes OH MY GOD THEY NOTICED, THEY NOTICED!

"That's so sweet. I was feeling a little naseous, but I'm okay now. Thanks for asking"

He keeps smiling brightly upon me, but Kota smiles just a little, but I don't care because that means that at least he likes me. I've read about that before: Some people take longer to connect than others, but the result is good at the end. We might be friends.

"Thank you, guys" I mutter, my hands still slightly shaking. Nathan assures me there is nothing to be worried about as I sit on the backseat.

Nathan's Point Of View.

In the front seat, I look at Kota, who is frowning looking at the wind shield, his hands already going white from tugging so hard the steering wheel. He look back at me, telling me he has seen it and he's just as confused as I am.

She lies like shit.

Is this girl? The con master, the thief, liar, poisonous weed, etc, etc? That is shit. Total and utter shit. I am convinced now. She's gotta have a twin.

"So, Sang. Do you have brothers or sisters?" I try to sound as casual as always "I think maybe one day I saw a girl like you walking around, but she dressed differently. I couldn't see her face, though".

And then, she tenses. What does that even mean at this point?

"I do" She admits "I have a sister. And she does dress differently. We don't really get along".

"Why not?" Asks Kota.

I sigh in relief, because he's been as stiff as a stick lately.

"She could be so... mean, sometimes" Sang tells us, and then shuts up "We don't see each other anymore"

Mean? That's the profile of a girl who stole money.

"How? She's not living with you?"

"Oh, no. She ran away from home not too long a go..." Her voice fades with every word until we know she's not gonna say anything more about it. Kota is about to push the whole thing when there is a strong Peeeeee! at the left side of the car, making Kota jolt. The car passes by our side.

"Dude, you were supposed to be the one who knew how to drive" I tell him to break the ice of Sang's cold and scared eyes. She smiles, and that's how I know it worked.

I take my phone out and start texting.

Nathan: Gotta have a twin. Guys. She lies like shit. Seriously.
North: Sure?
Nathan: Kota can tell you. But he's driving. We are taking Sang to school today.
Gabriel: I fucking knew it!
Nathan: She says she does have a sister.
Mr. Blackbourne: A twin sister?
Nathan: She didn't say. It seems it's a delicate topic.
Mr. Blackbourne: Then, gentlemen, you already learned your job. And don't set your hopes free.
Dr. Sean: Jeez, Owen. You killed the fun.
Luke: ;-);-);-):-);-):-) :-D
Victor: We should hang out with her.
Mr. Blackbourne: As soon as possible. For this evening.
Nathan: Swimming pool at my house?
Silas: YES! Want to see Aggelle Mou in bikini :D
North: Do you always think about sex?
Silas: Don't you?

I stop texting and take a look at Kota before going back to Sang.
"Hey, Sang. We're having a gather up in my house, at the pool today after school. Wanna come? Can you swim?"
For a second, she stays stills, and then her face brights up and smiles. She is like the sun, shiny and radiant.
Sang is beautiful.
"Yes!" She nearly shouts, then reddends "I mean... yes. That would be... I'd like that. Thanks".
I smile back at her.
You can't fake that. That explotion of emotions, that happiness. You just can't.
"Do you have a Bikini?"
She blushes, then nodds.
"Good"
I wink at her. Kota smiles at her, looking back just for a second.
"Yeah" He mutters.

Elizabeth's point of view.

At lunch, when I walk through the filled room, I see the seven guys there. They smile and raise their hands at me. I sit next to the punk guy, Gabriel. He is the cutest.
" I heard someone is wearing a bikini today" He says.
I can't make myself blush. Sang would do it, but I'm in charge now and I can't bring myself to do it.
So I decide to smile shyly.
"Yeah..." I mutter, playing with my hands.
Sang makes me sick. Always bowing down, always ready to scream for forgiveness.
That is why I did all the things I did. If it wasn't for me, we'd still be controled by the girl who made us call her mom.
But I'm looking for the real one. And if Sang gets to know this, she would break. I'm not in the mood for that, for holding her, for making sure we are okay, that we don't end up in a closet or kneeling on rice.
North smiles at me, but I can see precautiosness. There is something hidden. I just can't put my finger on it.
"I'm so ready for school to be over" Luke says.
They nodd. "Yeah" They agree.
I try to act as shy, as weak, as dumb as she is.
"You seem a little bit off. Is everything okay?" Asks Victor by my side, placing his hand at my knee.
I smile. I should ruin this. It's too risky for us: People who would get closer and closer, always wanting to know.
But as much as I dislike her... she is like my sister. And the universe know she deserves something.
This is my gift for her.