Chapter 47: Time After Time.

Sang's point of view.

Time it's a funny thing.  Sometimes it goes so slow and so fast at the same time, and when I look back, it seems like it's a complete other life, another me; younger, more naive. Sometimes I think of her as an old friend, or a little sister. The old Sang, I mean. Sometimes I can't ignore her inside of me, retelling our story.

Maybe that time I spent with Owen in that clinic and that house is a lesson learned. I don't regret a thing, because he whispered stories about houses and the people who lived in it, and suddenly I fell in love with them. Every story, every turn. No, I don't regret a thing, even if he hadn't taught me about the stories people hide under their skin, because once upon a time, I loved him. I was happy. I honestly was, despite the gap between. And that is something I'm not going to apologize for. It made me who I am today. 

Sometimes I wonder where he is. Is he still in that same house we lived in for a year? Does he miss me? Does he think of me? Does he hate me for leaving? After I left, I only called him once, a couple days after, to let him know that I was fine and alive. He was paranoid, but I wasn't going to come back. It seems like the very first time I realized there is good in distance.  Sometimes.... sometimes leaving doesn't mean that you've stopped loving someone, it's just that some people are better off at distance. Some loves suffocate you. Some hearts need time. 

My heart needed time.

"Sang?"

Jefferson taps on my white canva to call my attention. He smiles.

"Daydreaming, luv?" His thick british accent fills the room, as it always does. I can't help but smile at him because he is so adorable.

"A little. How's Anna?"

He plops onto the couch behind me and put his arms under his head, looking at the ceiling. I go back to the white canva while I mix shades of blue.

"I met her dads today"

My attentions goes to him, forgetting the brush in my hand.

"Well, that happened fast" I say "Are you moving together now? I have to tell you that if you come one day saying you're leaving the next day, I'm gonna be pissed, Jefferson. Getting roomates is not that easy"

He smirks.

"Afraid I'm going to abandon you, luv?"

Actually, I am. Not that I'm gonna tell him anytime soon, but I've grown close to him since that day I landed at his family bee-farm and asked for a job. How likely was that? Me, getting a job out of nowhere in the middle of... nowhere? In a honey bee farm, to mention. Not likely. But his mom saw something in me that I can't place to this day. And now, we're together. Not together together, but together. 

This together thing is hard to explain.

"I'm afraid of the rent, thank you very much" I smile, drawing lines of blue in the canva.

"As if I'd ever leave you alone with it" He kicks my back lightly with the point of his tenni shoes. I smile, focusing on the lines. "Since when do you paint, anyway?"

"I don't"

"Then?"

I hesitate, but I know I don't have to keep secrets from him. Not anymore "Gabriel. He was an artist. I guess I just wanted to see what he saw, but I don't think I'm good at this. I should have realized before I got into that class"

"With Mr. Clark?"

"Yep"

"Yeah, there's no chance on getting out of that class like that. You have a very long semester in front of you"