Chapter 6

"My past has nothing to do with this trade. Once you know what you want, we can discuss this like real kings. I'm leaving now and would like to be left alone," Jaron said, dissmissing himself. Alexius could tell how angry her father was. Alexius bowed respectfuly to Hakkan and was about to leave once he grabbed her arm. "I want you to follow me," He said. Alexius nodded, not wanting to say anything. They both left the room and started headed towars a walk way outside of the palace. Cyrus followed beside Alexius, he had an angry look on his face as he watched Hakkan hold Alexius's had and lead her outside. "Does your knight have to follow us?" Hakkan asked in an irritated manor. Alexius only nodded once again.

Hakkan brought her to a place somewhere at the back of the palace grounds, there he opened an olden wooden door to reveal a beautiful garden. "Why did you bring me here?" Alexius asked, she was honestly confused. "To get away from royal duties! I like to come here and relax when I'm stressed or overwork. It's a really nice place and-" Hakkan was cut off by a screeching of a bird. Alexius quickly ran over to the sound to find a small bird that looked beautiful. It was a bright red with orange and yellow feathers, some even white. Alexius quickly took her shawl off and raped it around the bird. "Is everyhting okay?" Cyrus asked, he had taken off his helmet and kneeled next to Alexius. Hakkan stood a bit ways back. 

"That's a fire bird, they look like the mythical phoenix's. If they're left on the ground by themselves and you hear that awful cry, they've been abandoned by their mothers. It's quite sad that they're mothers do that to them," Hakkan said sympitheticly. Alexius looked down at the small and fragile bird. She seemed to have fallen asleep in her shawl. "I'll call her Phoenix then," Alexius said. "Your keeping the bird?" Cyrus said sarcasticaly. Alexius nodded and Cyrus then shrugged. "I take it you two are close friends?" Hakkan asked. "Uh, what do you mean?" Cyrus asked frantically. Hakken roled his eyes as he folden his arms and leaned against the wall. "You follow her everywhere you go, you don't adress her with 'princess' and ya'll talk like you've know eachother your whole lives," Hakkan said. 

Alexius was impressed on how observant he was and learned so much from Cyrus and her hardly exchanging a few words. "yeah, your right," Cyrus admitted. "well I guess since your probably my age I'll let you hang with us. I'll get Alexius another gaurd that won't be ontop of her all the time so then you can chill with us," Hakkan said as he waved his hand. "That won't be needed," Cyrus said. "It's fine Cyrus, I can protect myself either way," Alexius said with a smile. Cyrus let out a sigh, "Fine then, only becuase you said it's fine." Alexius smiled and turned to face Hakkan. "I'll get someone to get you a seperate pair of clothes so you don't have to wear that armor," Hakkan said and walked over to Cyrus pulling him away. "We'll be right back, just stay there," Hakkan said and they left. Alexius now sat by herself in a nice garden, she even noticed that it had a nice spring. She got up and brought Phoenix over to the spring. "You must be hungry and thirsty, lets get you some water first," Alexius tolled Phoenix.

She brought the little bird over to the spring, Phoenix inspected the water before taking a sip and before Alexius knew it. She was jumping in the water, which Alexius thought was very weird for a 'fire' bird.