Chapter 13

Hakkan eyes glared at her in anger. She smirked and got ready for him to lunge at her again, but he didn't. The anger in his eyes faded away and he stood up from his crouching position and looked at where she sliced him on his arm. He seemed to be impressed, he swiped away the blood that was dripping on his arm and put his sword back in it's sheath. "Honestly, I'm impressed. I haven't had someone land a cut on me in a long time," Hakkan said. He stared at her for a for a moment and then studied her up and down. Alexius shifted her weight to her other foot, him staring at her made him uncomfortable. 

"What are you good at?" Hakkan asked. "Uh, I can play Violin, I'm good at drawing-," 

"I mean skills, not hobbies," He interrupted her. "Oh, I'm good at planning, I can sword fight pretty well, I'm pretty organized and I'm good at organizing, I'm a good negotiator, and there is a lot of other stuff I can do too," Alexius said. Hakkan nodded, he bowed and then left the room. Alexius stared at him confusedly as he walked away. "That was odd?" Alexius said to herself. 

Alexius walked back to her room and walked up to Phoenix's cage. She fed her some food that Mari recommended to feed her. "You know, it's been a bit since you've come out of you're cage," Alexius told the little bird. It fluttered it's feathers as Alexius opened the cage door and grabbed the small firey brid from her cage. Alexius then sat at the edge of her bed and petted the small bird. She chirped when she first touched her, but then got used to it. Alexius stopped petting her for a moment. Phoenix fluttered to her hand and rubbed her head against her hand. Alexius giggled a bit, it seemed like she wanted more loving. 

"Oh, Phoenix I have something for you," She said, setting the small bird down and grabbing the small box off her desk. She grabbed the golden chain with the jewel in the center out of the box and brought it over to Phoenix. She then put the gold chain around Phoenix's neck. "There, awe, you're so cute with it on," Alexius said excitedly. Phoenix chriped, "Do you like it?" She asked the bird. 

"Are you talking to the bird?" Jaron asked. "ACK! WHAT! UH, I, NO I WASN'T," Alexius jumped and turned to face her father awkwardly. Her face flutered red. "Okay, Hakkan told me that we'll be doing or meeting tomorrow around four, I wanted to let you know ahead of time," Jaron said. Alexius nodded and he left then room, but then Cyrus peaked his head through the door. "What are you doing?" He asked curiously as he walked in the room. "Look!" She said, bringing Phoenix to eye level for him. "Awe, I knew that it would look cute on her," Cyrus said happily, "We should take her outside to get some fresh air." Alexius paused for a moment and then agreed to it. 

They both silently walked through the castle walls together, Alexius noticed how close Cyrus was to her, she thought nothing much of it, or did she? Just a couple minutes later, they arrived to small harder with a pond. Alexius remembered how Phoenix loved to play in the water. She set Phoenix down on the grass carefully and watched as she studied her surroundings. Phoenix quickly noticed the water a flew over to it. "ACK! NOT AGAIN!" Alexius said lunging for Phoenix. She grabbed Phoenix, but fell into the water instead to save Phoenix from getting wet. A little side note, Phoenix is not easy to dry. Cyrus busted out laughing. "I'ts not funny," Alexius said, swiping the wet hair out of her face. Cyrus walked up and bent over to her level. In that moment Alexius grabbed his tie and yanked him into the water with her. Alexius started to laugh, Cyrus looked angry for a moment, but then he too laughed. "What are you two doing?" Hakkan said, walking up to them.