Chapter 22

Fighting her way through the battling knights, she continued to look for her father and then she realized that she hadn't seen Cyrus since the war started. She trusted her father to get out of any situation, but not Cyrus as much. She raced in the direction she heard her name be called from,  it might of been him who called out her name? Alexius sure hoped that it was him and not Hakkan. Flashes of the worst-case scenario happening popped into her head. She tried to not think about them, but worry flooded her mind. 

"Cyrus!" She called out his name, but no response followed. "Alexius? What are you doing?" Jaron had noticed her and came running up. "It's a relief to know that you're okay, but have you seen Cyrus?" Alexius asked. Jaron shook his head, the worry that Alexius felt started to become sickening. What if he's up against someone he can't handle? What if he's hurt? What if he's...dead? Alexius didn't want to believe that any of that happened. Then she heard him and not what she expected to hear. It sounded like he was screaming something in some other language, probably cursing someone out. 

"Gotta go! Be safe!" Alexius said to her father before running off towards Cyrus. Blocking a couple of attackers she found Cyrus, but against someone she wouldn't expect. "What's going on here!" Alexius yelled at Hakkan and Cyrus, "You shouldn't be fighting each other!" They both paused and turned to face her. "Uh, it's hard to explain," Cyrus said. "No it's not! You said you were going to kill me if I didn't break off the engagement with Alexius!" Hakkan argued. "No I didn't, I simply said that you should break off the engagement and then you got mad at me and started to attack me!" Cyrus explained. "No I did-" 

"You two SHUT UP! Were in the middle of a war, we can talk about this later!" Alexius interrupted them. Cyrus stared angrily at Hakkan before turning away from him and walking towards Alexius. "Are you okay?" Cyrus asked, grabbing her hand. Alexius nodded and looked deep into Cyrus's eyes. They showed so much love, but then they changed to horror. "Alexius move!" Cyrus yelled as he knocked her over. An arrow had come flying straight towards her. "Thanks!" Alexius coughed, she scanned around her for a moment before standing up again. "To your left!" Cyrus called. Alexius swiftly turned to the left and blocked an attacker, pushing them away she knocked them back and landed a swift slice to the side. 

Back and forth knights were coming up to Cyrus and herself, they're were doing pretty good. Cyrus had got a cut here and there, but they were small and would heal quickly. After fighting for a bit longer it seemed that the war had cleared up and both sides stopped fighting. Most of Gelmores army had been defeated and they started to retreat. "NO! GET BACK AND FIGHT YOU WRETCHED IDIOTS!" Gelmore shouted angrily, but none obeyed. Alexius smiled at Gelyn's king, Carthya had won yet another war. The captain of the guard, Alexius believed his name was Sir Roland, had come up to King Gelmore. "It's useless, lets try asking if they'll take mercy on us a do start a trade. This war is pointless and won't get us anywhere," Sir Roland argued.

Alexius walked up to the king and held out her hand, "Carthya would be willing to start a trade for your peoples sake." The king continued to look at her in disgust, "I will never except help! May the devils take you and your kingdom down!" Alexius tried to keep her calm with Gelmore, her father and walked up next to her and rested his hand on her shoulder. "Well then, if you ever change your mind, I'm all ears," Jaron said before turning away to check on the injured soldiers. "May your kingdom be well," Alexius said before bowing to King Gelmore and turning her back to him. "This isn't how this will end!" King Gelmore screamed. Immediatley Alexius felt a sharp pain slide through her. She watched as everyone's face in front of her turned from something calm to horror. Alexius then heard a deathly scream, but her vision was to blured to look and see who it was and before she knew it she was falling to the ground.