1

Keira's POV:

We have just won the champions league. I can't believe it. And I have just won it with the love of my life, Lucy Bronze. 8 years we have been together. 8 whole smashing years. It's now an after party in the hotel we are staying. Drinks are heavy and the music is loud. I see Lucy dancing with a familiar face, Ona Battle. They look like they are having a great time so I may as well get some drinks for us and join in myself.
"Three shots please" I loudly ask him over the loud boom of music and cheers. "No problem." I grab the shots and walk back. But I notice Lucy and Ona aren't there anymore. That's odd. They have probably just moved. Not to bother, I'll just search for them.

It's been five minutes and no sign. Hmm. Oh hang on I can see Lucy! Brilliant I will go give them the drinks and we can party this night away.

Oh. Lucy backs Ona into a corner and smashes their lips together. Lucy is kissing another woman. A woman I know. A woman who has been my teammate, my friend. But yet she is kissing my girlfriend. I can't move. I see Ona look up to me and locks eyes with me. She backs away from Lucy slightly and Lucy looks at Ona confused as she has her back to me and can't see how upset I am. She doesn't even know.

The drinks slide out of my hand as I watch them in slow motion. Everything is in slow motion. My heart is pounding and my eyes are filled with tears.

Then I'm back to reality. I wipe away my tears in a hurry and quickly bend down trying to pick up the glasses and the now spilled shots. I return to the bar and hand them back. I apologize and begin to head towards the door.

As I am about to leave, a familiar hand grips my arm tightly and spins me around.

It's Lucy.

"Not now Lucy." She stinks of alcohol and she can't even stand up straight. I go to head out again. "Come on b-baby, let's dance." I don't even know what to say right now. "Lucy go away." I can't look at her. "Aw what do you mean.. I love you." No she didn't. "You have got to be kidding me. Piss of Lucy."
"Why are you being like thisss? Just come dance with me." She bends down and whispers in my ear. "Actually can you come help me. I'm so turned on right now." Yeah I wonder why. She grabs my arm and pulls me into her. "FUCK OFF LUCY." I push her away. It's like my heart has been shattered but there is nothing I can do. I see a few eyes turn to me. Looking me up and down like I'm crazy. I quickly run out not looking back. I will never look back. We. Are. Over.

I storm into my room. I scan the room trying to find anything to throw. I get my hair brush and slam it into the wall. "FUCK! GOD SAKE. WHY ME?" I broke down. Why me? Why me? I have done nothing but right for Lucy. I have been there for her every step of every journey for her in football or at life. And all she does is throw it back into my face. Just what I need. 8 years. 8 years we have been together. I wanted to Marry her. I wanted kids with her. But no. I curl up into bed, tears streaming down my face. This is going to be a long night.

Time skip to 3am:

A loud bang wakes me up. I think it's nothing so I try to drift off back to sleep. But it happens again. I figured it was coming from the door. I slope out of bed and ask who it is.

Yep. Just who I thought. Lucy.

"Baby can y-you let meeeee in please?"
She is slurring her words so much. I've never seen her this drunk before. Even when we won the Euros. "No lucy go away." I start walking back to bed. I'm too tired for this. "Please Keira. Everyone has gone out to the pub for more drinks and I have no where to sleep." Yeah right. What about Ona?? "Go sleep with Ona." "Nooo.. she is gone. Please let me in baby. I need you." "Oh so now you need me." "What? What is that supposed to mean. Just let me in please." For God sake. "Fine. But you are not sleeping with me. On the couch or the floor." Why did I just do that. "Oh thank you baby, so much." I give her a couple pillows and a blanket and I get into bed. "Can I please sleep with you?" "No. Go to sleep."

...

When I woke up in the morning I noticed Lucy was gone. Thank god. But.. it is a bit weird she is not here. We always wake up together. Go to sleep together and now she is not here. I have to get over it. She has been doing that with another person so she doesn't have a right to sleep with me.

I stroll down for breakfast desperately trying not to make eye contact with anyone. I grab my breakfast and sit alone. A few of my teammates come join me but no sign of Lucy and Ona. To be honest I don't care. They are probably just fucking somewhere anyways.

Everyone knows about Lucy and I. Everyone pretty much worships our relationship. But now it's just nothing. So I don't really know how anyone can see me as anything anymore.

Mapi is sat next to me and I know she is good friends with Lucy. "Hey Mapi."
"Hey Keira!" Here goes.. "I'm sorry to ask you this and I just need you to be honest with me. Just tell me the truth no hesitation." "Oh god Keira what is it?" I'm so scared. "Are Lucy and Ona together?" She takes a big breath in and sighs. "I- I don't know if they are official, but they have been sleeping together for quite a while now." Yep. Of course. "Oh. Okay." Mapi just gave me a sorrowful look. "I'm so so sorry Keira." "Not to worries. I have to go get ready now we are leaving soon." "Okay Kei, but please don't be too upset, everything is going to be okay." "It's not but thank you." " no problem. Call me if you need me." I just gave her a subtle smile. I had no more words to say. I had no more tears to cry.