God's Will

[This chapter mentions abuse, sexual assault, and homophobia. Also I am cranking these chapters out like no one's business despite the fact I work 40+ hours a week😭. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and maybe I'll have another one for you guys tomorrow.]

Keith opened the door to his house and stepped inside. His hair was dripping from the rain as he looked up at Shiro.

"Keith! Thank god you're ok!" Shiro breathed as he ran to hug Keith.

Keith flinched away from Shiro and glared at him. Shiro frowned and rubbed his face.

"You can't keep running from your problems you know," Shiro said to him.

"Whatever."

"Go take a warm shower. Both of you. I'll make some hot chocolate," Shiro smiled and gestured to the stairs.

"Thanks Shiro.  I should call my parents before they start to worry," Lance said as he walked up the stairs.

"Are you leaving?" Keith mumbled as he looked in his dresser for more clothes.

"Do you want me to stay?"

Keith grabbed some boxers, gray sweatpants, and a black hoodie before turning to face Lance. He opened his mouth to say something but decided against it. He shrugged and looked down at his wet socks.

"I can see if my parents will let me stay."

"They don't know I'm gay?" Keith whispered.

"They won't have to know," Lance reassured him.

"Ok," Keith said with a nod. "I want you to stay."

"I'll let them know. Go take a shower ok?"

"I will." Keith turned on his heel and headed to the bathroom.

Lance watched Keith leave before pulling out his phone. He scrolled through his contacts before finally landing on his mom's.

"Lance! How's Keith? Did you guys find him?" His mother said with worry in her voice.

"Sí, mama. He's ok. He's taking a warm shower and his brother is making him hot chocolate."

"Oh wonderful!"

"Yeah.  Um...I was wondering if it was ok if I spent the night here tonight and hung out with Keith and our friends tomorrow. He's pretty shaken up still and wanted to know if I could stay so he could have someone to talk to," Lance explained.

"It's alright with me if it's alright with your father."

"It's alright with me. Make sure you do your nightly prayer though. Don't want God punishing you for forgetting about him," Lance's father said.

Lance winced. He could practically see the smirk on his father's face when he used that tone of voice.

"Yes father."

"And make sure you aren't sleeping in the same bed as him. I don't want any more of my kids to be fags," his father spat.

"Yes father. I'll ask if it's ok that I sleep on the couch."

"Good boy. Have a good night."

"Yes sir..good night. Love you mama," Lance mumbled.

"Love you too Lance."

Lance hung up his phone and opened his messaging app sending a quick message to the group chat saying that he found Keith and that he was home now. He set his phone on Keith's nightstand and put his hands on his face.