Sick Love

SORRY I VANISHED FOR A BIT! Life has been crazy lately. But I hope you guys enjoy. I'll have a longer chapter Monday for you guys!___

Keith was currently sitting on the couch with Lance lying down, his head in Keith's lap. Keith was playing GTA 5 while Lance scrolled on his phone.

"What do you two want for dinner?" Shiro asked as he entered the living room.

"You just got off work, shouldn't you like, relax or something?" Keith said and paused his game.

"Well I'm sure Lance is hungry after taking care of your needy ass," Shiro said as he stood next to the couch.

"No no, you should rest. I can cook something," Lance said as he sat up.

Keith and Shiro both blinked at Lance before looking at each other.

"You sure? You're our guest here," Shiro said and Lance nodded.

"It's no biggie. What do you guys want?"

"Whatever you can make with the stuff that's in there," Keith said and waved his hand at Lance in a shooing motion.

Lance blinked at Keith before sighing and turning on his heel to head toward the kitchen.

~

After about an hour, Lance came out of the kitchen with a pleased look on his face.

"Dinner is ready!" Lance said and crossed his arms proudly.

Keith looked up from the screen and looked up at Lance.

"What'd you make?" Shiro asked as he looked up from his laptop.

"Shrimp Alfredo and garlic knots," Lance said with a smile.

Keith and Shiro stood up and went into the dining room where Lance had set out three bowls of pasta and a small plate of garlic knots. The three males sat down and began to eat.

Lance hesitated before picking up his utensils and staring at his food.

"Lance? You ok?" Keith asked as he sipped his water.

"Hm?" Lance looked up. "Oh, yeah. It's just..it's nothing never mind."

Lance started to eat his food and stayed silent the rest of the time.

"I'm going to head to bed. I have an early shift tomorrow morning. Keith, make sure you get the dishes done and take your medicine so you don't get even more sick," Shiro said and stood up.

Keith groaned, "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

"I'm serious. Lance, make sure he does that."

"Aye aye captain," Lance said with a mock salute.

Shiro headed upstairs and Keith put his head down on the table, his cheek pressed against the wood of the table. He watched Lance as he scrolled on his phone.

"Lance?"

"Yes love?" Lance mumbled as he stayed focused on his phone.

Keith picked his head up and shook his head.

"Never mind," Keith said and stood up to clean up the dishes.

He stumbled slightly as he made his way to the sink. He scrubbed all the dishes with the sponge and then set them aside as he washed the others. He glanced behind him to see Lance still staring at his phone. Keith sighed and began to dry the now clean dishes with a dry towel.

~

Lance looked up from his phone when he heard the crash of a glass hitting the floor. Keith stood there, a towel in his hand and a tired expression on his face.

"Keith?" Lance tried to get his attention.

Keith just stared at the broken cup on the floor before kneeling down to pick it up.

"Keith," Lance said again and stood up.

Keith looked up at Lance and blinked.

"Yeah?"

"What happened?" Lance asked and crouched down in front of Keith.

"I..I don't know," Keith said and looked down at the glass on the floor.

"I'll clean it up, just go get some rest ok?"

"But I made the mess."

Lance reached up to place the back of his hand on Keith's forehead.

"Keith you're burning up dude. Go get changed for bed and I'll bring you some medicine in a second."

"You sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure." Lance smiled and watched as Keith nodded before heading upstairs.

"How he is so cute while he's sick," Lance mumbled to himself as he cleaned up the glass