Chapter 8: Light It Up (Luke Bryan)

I wake up a bit late as I couldn't sleep well at all last night. I was in and out of sleep all night. All I could think about was Natasha and that kiss. Yes I've kissed her before I know, but this one was different. It was like the first kiss we ever shared all over again.

After I wake up a bit more I get on my phone and text Natasha. I really need to talk to her. If what she said is true and she does still love me, I think I want to try again. I miss her all the time and I can't take it.

Atlas: Hey Nat, I was wondering if maybe we could talk soon. Whenever you're free is fine. Please let me know.

I don't want to let her know my intentions because I don't know if she really meant it.

I get out of bed and grab a pair of light blue denim jeans, a white hoodie, a brown leather jacket, boxers, white socks, and my Panda dunks. I set it on my bed and get in the shower. When I'm done I put my clothes on and start with my day.

I check my phone seeing if Natasha has replied yet, she hasn't.

-

It's been a couple of hours and she still hasn't replied. I check my phone every 10 minutes just in case I didn't feel the vibration of my phone or hear it. Although that would be impossible as every time I hear something that sounds like my notifications I check my phone.

-

It's closer to dark now and I still haven't gotten anything from Natasha. It's driving me crazy. What if she isn't responding because she's with him. What if he's doing things with her only I should be doing. What if she wasn't being truthful and this is just some trick. My mind runs wild with thoughts. I feel as though my head might explode due to the thoughts in my head.

-

It's almost midnight, still no reply. It's taken every part of me not to go talk to her unannounced. She hasn't even seen it. I rather her leave me on open then leave me on delivered. Every little notification I get I get excited thinking it's her when it's not. I've tried to occupy myself with things but it doesn't work. I can't even sleep. My thoughts run wild never stopping.

-

I fell asleep around 3 last night. It's still fairly early only being 8. I tossed and turned all night. When I wake up I immediately check my phone to see if she responded. Still no answer. My blood boils at the fact she's ghosting me. I need to talk to her.

I need to take out some steam so I decide to go to the gym to hit the punching bags that are there. I put on some athletic shorts, trainers, and a compression shirt. I grab my boxing gloves and put them in my gym bag and take the bag with me to the car.

-

When I arrive at the gym I walk in greeting the front desk guy. I walk into the locker room checking my phone again just to see no answer again. I've been simultaneously checking to see if she replied all day. I put my bag in my locker grabbing my gloves and then going out to the boxing area.

I walk up to the bags slowly starting to hit them a bit. As I feel better I start hitting the bag harder and faster. Slowly my punches become much harder and much faster. As my punches become stronger the bag starts to weaken.

I'm in my own world I can't hear anything around me. A man has to tap me on the shoulder for me to stop. I turn and see the man from the front desk.

Guy: Hey if you break it, you buy it.

He points to the stuff from the punching bag slowly flowing onto the ground.

Atlas: Shit sorry.

I take my gloves off cleaning up the stuff from the bag and go back into the locker room. I grab my wallet and grab about $100, that should cover it. I hand him the money and he takes it to the front desk.

I go back into the locker room and put my gloves back into my bag. I take my phone from the pocket of the bag and check it to still see no answer. I punch the door to close it out of anger.

I walk out to the car and throw my bag in. I get in the driver's seat punching my steering wheel. I check the time and it's almost 5 now. I must have been longer than I thought.

I decide to go back home checking my phone again before I leave to still see no answer.

-

I'm about halfway through my drive home when I get a notification on my phone. I immediately grab it and check I almost swerve into incoming traffic. I look and see it's not from her.

-

When I get home I take my bag inside and throw it in my room. I go get a shower and put on some comfy clothes after.

Thoughts continue to run around in my head. They haven't once stopped. I decide to make good of them and jot some lyrics down. I grab my notebook writing down what comes to mind.

⚠️lyrics don't have to read⚠️

I open my eyes, reach for the phone
Not a word from you, baby
It don't leave my sight since we had that fight
Can't remember but maybe
I blew you up
In the middle of the night again
You were drinking with your friends
You ignored it but you got it
I get so neurotic about it, baby
'Cause I know you're reading your phone
I can't help from going crazy
Thinking you might not be all alone
I wake up, I check it, I shower and I check it
I feel the buzz in my truck
And I almost wreck it
I always got it on me
Just in case you want me
So, if you're looking for my love
Then light it up
Every time I unlock my screen
I hope I see one of them red lipstick 'I miss you' pictures
I'm on your clock, you're in control
You want me now, baby, go figure
My worlds at the tips of your fingers
I get so neurotic about it, baby
'Cause I know you're reading your phone
I can't help from going crazy
Thinking you might not be all alone
I wake up, I check it, I shower and I check it
I feel the buzz in my truck
And I almost wreck it
I always got it on me
Just in case you want me
So, if you're looking for my love
Then light it up
Yeah, baby, light it up
I go to sleep, I check it
In the middle of the night, I check it
I feel the buzz in my bed
And I don't get no rest
I always got it on me
Just in case you want me
So, if you're looking for my love
Then light it up
Yeah, baby, light it up

⚠️End of lyrics⚠️

I set down the notebook happy with what I've wrote down. Thoughts still roam my mind. I need answers from her I can't wait any longer.

I walk into my room and lie down in my bed. As I start to drift if I decide that tomorrow I will find Natasha and talk to her.

A/n

Sorry this chapter is short I wanted to use this song but this was all I could think of to do with it. Next chapter will have more.

Hope you all have an amazing day/ night.