Chapter 19

I'm baaaaackkkkk!

The day in the library flies by, so that it is almost half past three and she slowly sets off so that she can get home earlier than Nicole. That way she still has enough time to cook something nice. When she opens the apartment door, the first thing she sees is a pair of shoes that are already on the shoe rack... Strange, Nicole is already there.

- Nic?

- Living room...

She quickly takes off her shoes and jacket and goes into the living room where Nicole is sitting on the couch.

- I thought you would be a little later today?

- I... I was suspended...

- How? What? What happened?

- I told you about this new colleague right?

- Yes.

- She told our boss that I would accept money often instead of arresting people and taking them to the police station.

- WHAT!? But you would never do that.

- That's it, I didn't do it and I would never do something like that and I don't know why they believe her, I mean there can't be any evidence because I didn't do it. My boss just said that the matter would have to be investigated first and that I'm suspended until then.

- But he can't just do that right? And what the hell does she have against you?

- I really don't know, we hadn't even spoken a word to each other when she already looked at me strangely as if she already knew me, but I have no idea who she is or who she could be. From the very beginning she didn't want to have anything to do with me even though I hadn't done anything to her.

- Hmm, strange... And what happens now?

- Well, I have to wait until the accusation is either withdrawn or can be clarified and until then I only have the job in the cafe.

- And how long does something like that take?

- Since there's a lot crime n the city and in the office at the moment, it can take up to a month. I once had a colleague who had the same problem and it took them 2 months. If it takes that long for me, I'll probably be fired before the matter is resolved.

- But they can't just fire you like that?

- I don't have a notice period yet, so they can fire me tomorrow if they want, and I don't think an accusation like that will necessarily have a positive effect on that.

- Oh man, I'm so sorry, is there really nothing you can do?