part 35

After witnessing the emotional reunion of the entire family with Anshad, Neetika's eyes filled with tears. She remembered how her grandpa and late grandma always loved her.

Although Akansh tried to appear cold to his brother, trying to show the anger and hurt he felt all the while, all of them knew that the two will soon laugh together and Akansh will insist on going a long drive with his brother. Just like they always did.

"I am looking after the dishes, you go and check on Prince. He would wake up soon now. " Vaani told, caressing Neetika's hair and the latter nodded before leaving the kitchen.

On her way, she glanced at the clock and noticed it was past 7. Prince had been sleeping since Vaani returned, which was near to 4.

"Look, how deeply held is sleeping. " Neetika mumbled to herself before removing the pillows that were kept on the sides of Prince to prevent him from falling.

Her fingers traced the small scratch that Prince got in his elbow today, due to driver's inattention. She was thankful that Vaani managed to pacify him and lull him to sleep, not letting the small incident known to Akansh.

Or he would be mad now. She chuckled imagining his panic reaction if he had gotten to know about it.

"Prince, wake up now. " She took her baby in her arms and went to window. "Prince." She shook him again.

Prince whimpered in his sleep and groaned, while hiding his face in her mother's blossoms. "Wake up now, or you will not be able to sleep all night. "

She tried to speak in a strict voice, but who was she kidding to. Who could ever scold a sleeping baby who looked like the epitome of innocence.

"Sota Hua Mera pyara shaitan.. " She cooed, an idea immediately hitting her. "Dadda is waiting for Prince, he has bought a new toy for Prince, but let it be. Mumma can play with the toy and Prince can sleep all day. "

"Uhmmmmmm... " Prince whined, biting wherever he could get his teeth on.

"Aye, monkey. Who is teaching you bad habits, huh? " She caressed her shoulder where he bit.

Prince looked at him with his big eyes and she narrowed hers. "You, young baby, stop giving me that look. Learn to fear from me, your dad cannot save you if I'll get mad. Understood. "

Instead of giving a positive response, Prince only jumped in her arms, indicating her to take him to his dadda.

Neetika twitched her mouth at her son's excitement to meet his dadda, and took him downstairs. "Your chachu is also waiting to meet you. "

"Look, Prince is also here now. " Vaani took Prince from Neetika and looked at the scratch, examining it thoroughly.

"He is alright now, it's fine. " Vaani nodded at Neetika and took Prince to introduce him to his chacha.

"Look, here is your uncle. " Anshad tried to take the baby in his arms, but all chuckled when Prince turned himself away from him and made grabby hands to Akansh.

"Prince really loves his dadda, he cannot be with someone else if his dadda is in the same place. " Anshad chuckled at Vaani's information and Akansh took Prince in his arms.

Prince giggled as Akansh kissed all over his face and fisted his shirt, asking him to stop. He was making sounds loudly, that only encouraged Akansh to continue his torment more.

"Okay, it's enough now. Let's have dinner now. " Neetika said, serving the dinner to his and her plate, while Vaani served others.

"Today, dadda will feed to his Prince because he is sooooooo happy... "

"Hap.. App.. " Prince tried to imitate his dadda and all shared a laugh.

"Uuuuiiii" Prince showed his father, his scratch marks with pouty lips and Akansh looked wide eyes at the mark.

"How did it... " Prince hissed as Akansh touched his injury and Akansh withdrew his hand. "Sorry sorry.. "

"Actually--" Vaani started briefing about the incident but Neetika intervened.

"Actually he was playing with his car when he slipped. So he got the scratch for his toy car only. "

Akansh nodded, caressing his son and kissing his head.

"Dad, mom, can you people imagine that he is the same Akansh who always said that these scratches are nothing and this is part of his playing. Look how worry he becomes now at the minute scratch now. " Anshad laughed, followed by others.

Akansh looked offended. "So what, I can still take all the injuries and pain, if it ensures my wife's and my boy's happiness. "

Neetika's laughter halted. She looked at Akansh, trying to read his eyes, but it only showed the purity and sincerity.

"You have become such a family man, Akansh. " Akansh only smiled at his brother and they continued with their meal.

_______

"Akansh and Prince, both of you go to Terrace now. You both are disturbing me. " Neetika whined, sitting lazily on their bed.

She was sleeping soundly when loud noises from Akansh and Prince disturbed her. She was tired after a long day and was totally exhausted. Nothing mattered more than her precious sleep at the moment.

"Do you see Prince, your mumma only loves her sleep now. She doesn't care about us. " Akansh told sadly to Prince who looked at his father, with a wide grin.

"Hey, don't fill his ears against me. " Neetika complained like a child and Akansh chuckled, wandering if he really have two kids to handle.

"Okay, so we are going to play on the terrace while mumma can sleep soundly. " Akansh took a toy and gave it to Prince who immediately shouted in excitement and Neetika whined again.

"Arghhh... " Akansh mimicked her and Neetika huffed, hiding herself in the blanket again. But the growl immediately transformed to a smile, loving her happy life.

If nothing, Akansh and she were great companions. After Akansh proposed her to consider spending their lives together, even as friends, Neetika started imagining how her life will feel. After she accepts his companionship.

__