Chapter Twenty Nine

Two days passed, and Haven hadn't heard from Happy. She did as she promised, and stayed away from all cameras. She knew there wasn't many cameras following her around in Charming, but she had to be extra sure. It wasn't easy, considering she now had to sneak to get to the OB, but she made it work.

She had to wear baggy tops to cover the baby bump that was slowly growing

She had to wear baggy tops to cover the baby bump that was slowly growing. Pants weren't her strong suit, but her belly wasn't too big for pants that buttoned. She would eventually have to change to leggings, but for now she was sticking with pants.

After two days though, Happy finally showed up at her place. He had smelt like booze, and she was worried that he was drunk. He wasn't though, which was good for her, but he had gotten the smell from the clubhouse. She had no idea what he was up to in the clubhouse, but she tried not to think about it.

"Do you mean it?" Happy asked,"Did you really not tell me because I told you to stay away?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed,"I did what you told me to do! After what happened with the articles, and before you went to prison...I just figured I should give you the one thing you wanted. You wanted me away, and I stayed away."

"I'm sorry." He murmured, and she looked at him with wide eyes.

"What made you change your mind?" She asked, looking at him curiously.

"Gemma," He sighed,"but I was thinking about it myself. I hurt you at the prison. I shouldn't have. We're going to be parents, and as much as that surprises me, I wanna be there. I wanna be with you." He said, and she felt herself smile.

"I was about to put on a movie and eat some fruit," She commented,"Do you want to join me?" She asked, causing him to nod.

Haven bit her lip and nodded herself, before she motioned for him to follow her. She sat down on the couch and grabbed her remote. She turned on The Lost Boys, before grabbing her bowl that was full of fruit. She held the bowl out to Happy and let him grab a few pieces.

"Have you seen this movie before?" Haven asked, and Happy nodded.

"My mother liked it." He replied, causing her to smile.

"Your mother has a good taste in movies." She commented, making Happy smirk.

"She likes to think so," He said,"Y'know, you'd like her. She's hard-headed like you."

"One day I hope I get to meet your mom." She replied, and Happy sighed.

"She's sick," Happy answered,"but I'll see what I can do." He murmured, making his old lady smile lightly.

Happy pulled his old lady into his side, and let her rest against him. She continued to eat her fruit, as she contently watched her movie. She really loved this movie, and she'd watch it everyday if she had the chance.

"So, is what Gemma said true?" Happy asked,"Is she like a mother to you?"

"Honestly?" She sighed,"Yeah, she is. My birth mother was shit, and my step-mother made me feel like shit. She hated me since the very moment she met me. My dad was the only parent I really ever had," She felt her lip tremble slightly,"He was the only one I ever needed. Gemma made me feel like I had a mother when I needed one recently. So, yeah, she's like a mother to me." She replied, and Happy squeezed her lightly.

"Are your sisters all related to your step-mom?" He asked, making her nod.

"Hailie and Whitney are my step-mom's, but Alaina is her niece," She answered,"Dad and Kim adopted Alaina years ago. Whitney isn't Dad's kid. Apparently Kim thought it'd be a good idea to get knocked up when she and Dad weren't together. Next thing we know, she's back with Dad, and the baby becomes his problem. Dad adopted her later on, and we all love her. Kim is a shit mom, but without her, I wouldn't have Alaina or Whitney as my sisters."

"Were you ever covetous of your sisters?" Happy asked, and Haven shrugged.

"Not really," She replied,"what's there to be covetous of, when you know nothing of a mother's love?" She questioned rhetorically, looking up at him with a sad smile.

"Well, our baby won't have to wonder about either parent." Happy said, causing Haven to smile a little more with happiness.

She was thankful that Happy wanted to be a parent. He hadn't looked so serious about being a parent, or even being with Haven up to this point, but she was glad that something made him realize he wanted this. He wanted to be in her and the baby's life, he wanted her to be his old lady, and their life seemed to finally be falling into place.

Haven hoped that nothing else would come up that made her question her life choices. She was tired of all the stress and anger she was feeling. She needed to finally feel happy, really happy, after everything she had been dealing with lately. Her life wasn't ever going to be too easy, but she just needed something a little easier to go through. She wanted simple, and life wasn't simple, but this moment was, and she was going to hold on for as long as she could...