✈︎six

axis and i walk out of our house and back to top gun so we can follow goose's directions, it's a 20 minute walk to topgun and we don't have a car yet as the one we're renting hasn't arrived, which is just great for us

axis and i walk out of our house and back to top gun so we can follow goose's directions, it's a 20 minute walk to topgun and we don't have a car yet as the one we're renting hasn't arrived, which is just great for us. we follow goose's directions 'turn right' , ' then left' he told us.

turns out the directions he gave were extremely vague and we got lost about 5 times and ended up just walking around aimlessly as the sky starts getting dark. luckily just as we're about to give up and tell the boys we couldn't find it the next day back at top gun ,we see a woman getting out of her car, she has short blonde curly hair and blue eyes, 'she's real pretty' i think to myself. axis and i walk up to her the leaves crunching underneath our boots.

"excuse me ma'am sorry to bother you but we were just wondering if you knew the way to the hard deck ?" i ask

"oh yes, i can drop you off there if you'd like, if you're new here it can be a bit hard to find your way around" she says smiling at us.

"that would be amazing thank you so much" axis says.

we climb into the backseat of her car as she starts it up.

"so what are your names?" she asks

"siren and axis" i reply forgetting not to use our call signs to civilians.

"what did your parents not love you guys or something?" she says with a laugh "i mean sirens sing and lure sailors to their deaths and axis they're just lines on a coordinate grid in math"

axis lets out a chuckle "they're our call signs" she says.

"oh you're pilots?" she asks

"sure are, i'm quinn miller and this is cleo marlow" i reply smiling, she seems really sweet and kind, eager to know more.
axis gives a little wave.

"i'm charlotte blackwood" she says with a smile "so how did you get your call signs?"

"oh was really loud back in flight school so all the instructors used to compare me to a siren" i reply, happy someone asked as not many people ask.

"i'm just good at math" axis replies

"fair enough" charlotte says with a laugh as she pulls into the parking lot

one,two,three,four,five,six,seven... 37 cars along with motor bikes as well. how do so many people fit into such a little bar?

"thank you so much for dropping us off, it was lovely to meet you" axis says as she roots around in her pocket for money. charlotte immediately sees and pulls axis' hand back out of her pocket

"absolutely not" she says with a smile, her smile reminds me of a warm summers day where the breeze is just right, not too cold not too hot.i don't know why it just does.  "it was my pleasure" she adds.