[ 23 ]

【 jamie's pov 】

"can you kiss me?"

as soon as those words pass eliana's lips, jamie swears he's dreaming. he never thought that he would hear those words come from eliana collins.

it catches him very off guard. he wasn't ready for that question. he actually expected her to say that she wasn't ready yet.

jamie blankly stares at eliana for a second before his brain finally processes what she asked.

"are you sure?" he questions.

she nods and takes a step closer to him. "i want you to kiss me," she tells him. "please."

there's no more hesitation from him after the 'please'. jamie steps closer to her, closing the gap between their bodies.

then he takes her jaw in his hands and runs his thumbs over her cheekbones. he searches her eyes for a second to see if there is any chance that she would regret the kiss.

he doesn't see any so he closes the space between their lips and kisses her. it's a soft kiss, but jamie puts everything he feels for her into it. eliana ends up deepening the kiss when she gets on her tiptoes.

jamie has spent an unhealthy amount of time just wondering and thinking about what it would feel like to kiss eliana. it turns out that there are no words in the english language that could describe how it feels.

her lips are so soft and the skin on her cheeks is so smooth. her fingers are just cold enough on the back of his neck that goosebumps form all over his neck and arms. he doesn't know if that's really from how cold her fingers are or if it's because he's kissing the girl he's liked since they first started talking in the fall.

eliana's hair blows into their faces so he pulls back from the kiss so he can tuck it behind her ears. she's looking up at him with wide eyes like she did something wrong.

"did i do something-"

"no," she quickly replies. her hands wrap around his wrists. "i think i really like kissing you and i think it scared me a little bit."

jamie kisses the tip of her nose. "if you want, we can move as slow or as fast as you like," he tells her. "that's if you even want something to happen between us."

she nods and kisses jamie's wrist. "i do," she replies. "i just don't want to hurt you."

"i'm a big boy," he says. "i don't think you'd ever intentionally hurt me either. we'll just see where this goes, okay?"

eliana smiles and wraps her arms around his torso. "i wanna kiss you again."

"absolutely nothing is stopping you."