[ 56 ]

author's note - hockey related injuries included in this chapter. read at your own risk

✧༺♥༻∞

【 eliana's pov 】

she knew as soon as she walked into the arena for the game that she'd get stared at. she's in a sea of blue and red wearing an orange and black jersey. that already put a target on her back as she made her way to the family suite that's reserved for the family members of the opposing team.

eliana knows the visiting family suite is usually unoccupied. a lot of families don't travel with their player.

today though, she isn't alone like she was for the game against new jersey.

trevor's parents and his brother have come to watch. jamie's parents are here too, conversing with trevor's family. she had no idea they were coming.

why does she have this kind of luck? meeting her boyfriend's parents at the game where jamie is playing against her ex is something that would absolutely happen to her.

a very nervous eliana walks up to the group and stands beside jamie's parents. "um, hi," she says to get their attention. "are you jamie's parents?" she knows they are, but she doesn't want to scare them by knowing who they are.

seems kind of weird since they never met before.

his mom nods with a confused look on her face. his dad says, "we are. are you one of jamie's friends?"

she gnaws on her bottom lip for a second. "i'm a little more than just his friend," she tells them. "i don't know if he's told you but i'm his girlfriend. eliana collins."

jamie's mom looks pleasantly surprised when she says that she's jamie's girlfriend. she stands up and takes eliana's hands in hers.

"he's told us about you but we didn't know when we'd get to meet you," his mom says. "i'm tina. this is my husband, gary. it's wonderful to meet you, eliana."

she feels relieved with how nice his parents are. eliana had no doubt that they were kind people because of the son they raised, but it's nice to know that they didn't ignore her and be rude to her since jamie isn't here to introduce them to each other.

"it's so nice to meet you both," eliana replies. "he talks so much about you and i've couldn't wait to meet you." she sits beside tina. "it's very obvious that he loves you both and is so grateful for the support."

gary smiles and looks at his wife. "he speaks very highly of you too," tina tells her. eliana smiles. "i think he's very fond of you. he's never been this excited to tell us about someone he's seeing."

a light blush forms on her cheeks as she smiles.

while the ducks warm up on the ice, eliana gets to know jamie's parents. they tell her baby jamie stories too that she will absolutely tease him about later when they're alone in their room.

she occasionally glances at the ice to see what's going on. red and blue 44 stays far away from jamie's black and white 6. she does notice that the new ranger is hanging around luka. her nerves begin to catch up to her as all the players leave the ice.

jamie's parents go to grab something to eat so she shoots jamie a text.

eliana
good luck <3