[ 64 ]

【 eliana's pov 】

the past two months have led to this day. all of the planning and dress shops pays off today. the day eliana gets to watch her best friend walk down the aisle to marry her brother.

they've been together since before eliana started dating luka. they were both there for her when she needed them and needed to get away from boston.

it's time to celebrate the two of the most important people in eliana's life after they've been there for her for years, and river since she was born.

eliana knocks on the door of the bridal suite with her dress slung over her shoulder. harper opens the door and pulls her inside. "okay, there was no need to pull me into the room," she comments.

"i am freaking out, el," harper replies. panic is laced in her voice. "it's all suddenly hitting me that i'm about to spend the rest of my life with someone. like we're legally going to be bound to each other until we die and it's a lot for me to process the day of my wedding."

she laughs and drapes her dress over one of the chairs in the room. "harper, if anyone is ready to spend the rest of their life with someone, it's you," eliana tells her. "you and river are obsessed with each other. sometimes it's disgusting. you're both ready."

harper sighs and rubs her face. she's lucky that her makeup isn't done yet. her hair is, but her makeup isn't. "it's just river," harper mumbles to herself. "i love river."

eliana nods in agreement. "he loves you too," she tells her best friend. "i can't wait for you to be my sister."

the door opens and harper's mom comes walking into the room. they embrace and eliana smiles.

she was very anxious about coming back to the boston area for the wedding. harper made sure she felt safe coming back by hiring some security and making sure that everyone shows their ticket to the wedding. the hotel commonwealth assured her of her safety as well.

after the last rangers game against the ducks, no one wants to take any chances. especially because eliana knows that luka comes back to boston in the offseason for a few weeks.

the makeup artist comes walking in around noon and the other bridesmaids make their way into the bridal suite so they can all get their makeup done together and get ready together.

eliana's mom comes walking into the room. she smiles and runs up to her since her makeup is already done. "hi, mom," she says as she throws her arms around her mom.

"hi, el," her mom laughs. "miss me that much?"

"of course i did," eliana tells her. "sorry i haven't been able to come back until now."

her mom pulls back and looks at her daughter. "i know and i understand," she replies. "when am i going to be able to meet this boyfriend of yours? he is here, right?"

eliana laughs and nods. "he's here," eliana says. "i believe he's getting ready with river. you'll meet him after the ceremony."

"he better treat you right, eliana rose," her mom says to her, suddenly very serious. "you don't need another situation like luka. that boy never treated you right. jamie better."

she smiles and takes her mom's hands in hers. "he does, momma," eliana promises. "he actually loves me and cares for me unlike luka. he's never laid a hand on me and he will never lay a hand on me. he takes such good care of me. he's everything that luka wasn't. the amount of times he has dropped the gloves against luka to defend me last season alone shows how much he loves and cares about me. i love him too."