[ 28 ]

【 eliana's pov 】

starting this conversation with jamie is going to be a lot harder than she thought. especially since jamie seems really happy while he makes them a very late night dinner.

the last thing eliana wants to do is ruin his mood.

the ducks won and they get to spend the night together because trevor isn't home and home be home until who knows when. of course jamie's happy. she's happy too.

just not about the conversation she's going to be having with jamie when she warns him about her ex-boyfriend.

she sits at the kitchen island that separates the living and dining rooms from the kitchen area. there is a small smile on her face as she watches her kind of boyfriend dance around the kitchen while he cooks some pasta for them to eat. they both have a glass of wine that they're sipping off of.

"jamie-"

"hold on," he interrupts. "the sauce is almost done. give me two more minutes before you talk to me about anything. i want to make sure it's perfect."

a giggle passes eliana's lips into the wine glass as she takes a sip.

jamie stirs the pot slowly for a moment before turning the stove down and lets the sauce simmer until the pasta is done. he stirs the spaghetti then turns to eliana when it's done.

"okay," he sighs. "sauce is done but it's simmering so it stays warm. pasta is cooking. did you need me for something?"

she nods and waves him around the counter. he puts down the dish towel that was on his shoulder and walks until he's standing in front of her.

with a sigh, eliana wraps her arms around jamie's neck and looks up at him. "i need to talk to you about something kind of important," she says to him. "it's not bad, i promise. it's just something you need to know about me."

he raises his eyebrows in question. "what's up?"

eliana bites her chapped bottom lip for a second before ripping off the bandage.

"when i was in college, i dated this guy," she explains. "this hockey player. he was drafted his freshman year and went pro after his sophomore year. our entire relationship wasn't very healthy. he used to, um ..." she trails off so she can keep herself composed. "hurt me. physically and he used to cheat on me all the time when the team went away to play. our last fight ended with me in the hospital with several broken bones and a punctured lung. i dropped out of college after i was in the hospital to get away from him and i blocked him on everything."

jamie frowns and rests one of his hands on her waist as she talks. her voice cracks as she speaks and tears threaten to spill onto her cheeks. "i had no idea," he whispers. "i'm sorry."

she shakes her head and looks up at him with tear filled eyes. "he plays on the rangers," she continues. "number 44. he's the guy with the most penalty minutes in the league right now. i wanted to tell you so you're careful on friday. he reached out to me on his professional account earlier today and told me he was going to say hi to you on the ice."

"i'm going to kick his ass on friday," jamie replies.

"jamie, please," she pleads. "don't start anything with him. you're going to get hurt and i don't want that to happen to you. get gudas on him or something but not you."

he must see the fear in her eyes and nods. "okay," he sighs. "if it means that much to you that i don't start something then i won't. all bets are off though if he starts something. i will stand up for myself."

"thank you."

jamie leans down and presses a soft kiss to the tip of her nose. she smiles and the tears that formed roll down her cheeks. jamie wipes them away with his thumbs. "you okay?" he questions.

eliana gives him a small nod and wraps her arms around his torso so she can hug him. "perfect."

✧༺♥༻∞

liked by liljizzy, irlharper, and 20 others

elsworld he's a chef 🫶🏼

view all 20 comments

irlharper @itsjustriver why don't you cook me anything ?
itsjustriver do you want me to burn down one of our apartments ?

mactbaby oh jimmy's in love or something bc he doesn't cook for ANYONE ... including trevor

zeegrass is the apartment okay ?
jd06 shut up trevor. the apartment's fine
zeegrass just making sure

liljizzy if he ever wants to learn how to cook broccoli then lmk
oldesthughes NO
lukeyboy jack the whole point is to not poison eliana
notcolecaufield jack enough
zeegrass uh
elsworld what did jack do to broccoli that made you all react like this 😭