[ 58 ]

author's note - mentions of physical abuse in a relationship and one instance of physical abuse (not between jamie and el) included in this chapter. pls read at your own risk

✧༺♥༻∞

【 eliana's pov 】

the conversation with jamie helped her feel better than she was at the end of the game. she still feels a little guilty for what happened to leo, but she reached out to him to make sure he was okay and he assured her that he was. he assured her that it wasn't her fault either so she's not feeling as bad as she was when he got hurt.

hanging out with jamie, trevor, and their families has helped eliana relax. she doesn't leave jamie's side. she won't let herself out of arms reach of him just in case she has a moment and needs him close. she wants him close.

she stands between jamie and trevor at the bar to get a drink. her arm is hooked with jamie's while they stand there. she rests her head on his shoulder and trevor looks over at the two of them.

"the two of you are disgustingly cute," trevor says as he looks back at the bartender making their drinks. "i hate it. it's only been like three months and the two of you are acting like this."

there's a smile on her lips and jamie looks over at his best friend. "maybe if camryn was here then you wouldn't feel so left out," he retorts. eliana taps his arm. "what? it's true."

trevor fake laughs. "you're so funny, jimmy," he says. "so fucking funny."

she laughs and the three of them are given their drinks. jamie hands the bartender his card and he turns it away. "those drinks are on the guy at the end of the bar," he tells the three of them.

all three of them lean forward to see who's at the end of the bar. she nearly falls out off her stool as soon as she sees who paid for their drinks.

eliana snaps her head around to look at jamie. "is he kidding me?" jamie asks. "i'm gonna beat his ass. i don't care if i get suspended at-"

"don't," she snaps. "i'll handle it. stay close by. i need both of you close by. just in case."

"i don't like you going over there by yourself," he says to her.

she gives him a little smile. "i'll be okay," she assures him. "if he comes anywhere near me, i'll yell. i'll get out of that situation. promise." eliana pushes a piece of hair off his forehead. "i love you. i'll be okay."

jamie sighs and nods. she grabs her drink and walks to the end of the bar.

nervous is an understatement as she approaches luka. he sips his beer and glances at her as she walks up beside him. "oh, hello," luka says. "i'm surprised to see you here."

"shut the fuck up," she tells him. "i want you out of this hotel. right now."

luka sips his beer and fully turns to face her. "i don't know who you think you are talking to me like that," he says way too calmly. she's used to this. he was always doing this when they were together.

"i'm not afraid of you anymore," she replies. "i'll talk to you however i want. and i want you out of this hotel in the next sixty seconds."