[ 52 ]

【 eliana's pov 】

new york is a beautiful city. especially at night. all the buildings are lit up and there's a breeze in the air that whips lightly through her hair.

despite not being a popular time of year for tourists, the sidewalks are crowded. eliana walks close enough to jamie that they can link their pinkys together without it being very obvious. they blend in with everyone around them. neither of them seem too worried about someone taking a picture and sending to the nhl gossip instagram account.

they hit fao schwartz first because eliana has always wanted to go. she feels like a little kid all over again as she walks through the store with jamie. she gets excited when she sees any toys she used to have when she was younger, and jamie has the biggest smile on his face as he watches her walk around.

the store is so crowded and everyone is focused on their children that she could walk up to her boyfriend and be affectionate with him. she isn't sure she should risk it, especially since they haven't talked about going public with their relationship.

eliana wouldn't mind. they've been together for a few months and eliana has never felt more sure about someone.

dare she say that she's never loved anyone as deeply as she does jamie.

she ends up buying a very large stuffed animal before they leave the store. jamie is happy to carry it for her as they make their way to times square.

eliana has seen pictures but to actually see it in person is breathtaking. she looks around at the bright lights that surround her. she can't believe that she's actually here in new york city with the guy she might be in love with.

while her back is turned to jamie, she feels an arm snake around her waist. she turns her head and is met with jamie's jaw. she looks up at him and asks, "what are you doing?"

"i can't hug my girlfriend?"

"we're in a very public place, jamie. what if-"

"what if i don't care anymore?" he questions. "i want to be able to hug you, kiss you, and touch you, eliana. whenever i want. if you don't want that then i understand but-"

eliana surges to her tiptoes and brings her lips to jamie's. jamie pulls back quickly in surprise. she smiles and bites her bottom lip. "what? she asks. "i can't kiss my boyfriend?"

a smile slowly grows on jamie's lips and he leans back down into her, instigating a second kiss in the middle of times square. he gets more into it this time as he deepens the kiss immediately. her arms fly to his neck, wrapping around him. his free hand rests on her waist.

neither of them can stop smiling into each kiss. it feels almost freeing that she's kissing jamie in the middle of times square.

the best part is that she doesn't have a single care in the world who sees them.

she pulls back after a second and looks up at jamie. "does this mean i can hard launch you on instagram now?" she asks.

"only if i can hard launch you too," jamie replies as he tucks a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "i don't think you understand how many drafts i have saved because of all the times i've had to restrain myself from posting you."