[ 54 ]

author's note - chapter contains smut. read at your own risk

✧༺♥༻∞

【 jamie's pov 】

from the moment they wake up in the new york hotel room they're staying in for the east coast roadie, eliana is touchy. extremely cuddly and is always touching jamie in some way.

it's not that he minds, but he knows why she's acting like this. they play the rangers at madison square garden tonight.

not only does he have to worry about luka now, but about that six-foot-seven rookie they just called up who is suddenly loved by the nhl fans because of the amount of fights he's gotten into since he debuted at the stadium series game. the last thing he needs is a player that's got eight inches on him coming after him. luka would be the one to send rempe after him, especially after the last time they played the rangers and how luka technically lost that fight.

eliana won't let him get out of bed and he has to shower then get downstairs for team breakfast by nine so they can get to the arena by eleven for practice. it's almost eight now.

he presses soft kisses to her cheeks and nose. she sighs and wraps herself around him. "el, baby," he softly says. "i have to get ready to go. breakfast with the team starts soon and i can't be late."

"don't want you to go," she mumbles into his neck. "stay with me today. please."

jamie smiles and shakes his head. "not how this works, eliana," he replies. "hockey is my job. that means having breakfast with my teammates until we leave for the arena for practice. i'll be back at two after a team meeting and we'll nap together."

"can i at least shower with you?" she asks. hope is evident in her voice as she lifts her head to look at him.

"i'm setting an alarm so i get out on time," he tells her. "i know how you can get when we shower."

with a laugh, she starts to get out of bed. "i have no idea what you're talking about."

he does, and he isn't wrong in setting an alarm to make sure they don't spend forever in the shower like they normally do.

as soon as jamie steps into the stand up shower, eliana pulls him against her. the lukewarm water hits his back. she looks up at him with these big eyes and he suddenly realizes that he's not going to be able to say no to her. he can never say no to her anyway.

it took him months just to have her. he isn't going to just deny her whatever she wants now. especially when he gets to make his girlfriend feel good.

"i know why you're acting like this," jamie says to her. "all touchy. wanting me close to you. i want you to know that i'll be okay tonight."

"you said that last time," eliana pouts. "then you ended up with a bruised cheek and jaw. they have that tall dude now that fights everyone."

"he's usually challenged to a fight, and i'm not gonna challenge him," jamie replies as he brushes a wet strand of hair out of her face. "i will be okay, but i can't promise that i won't fight luka again. i beat him once and i'll do it again."

she runs her finger over his stubble that he plans on shaving during this shower. "don't instigate," she tells him. "please don't give his team a reason to target you. if something happens and you need to defend yourself, go ahead."