First Thanksgiving

It was now November 23rd and finally Thanksgiving. Kolby is now 6 days old and they have spent almost this whole last week absolutely in awe of their new baby. After coming home from the hospital he has continued to wake 2 or 3 times a night they take it as a win though as it could always be more. They had another week of Jennifer here her she headed back to St.Charles she revealed to them she'll only be there a couple weeks more though before heading back and moving into her new house that's right up the road from Kelly and Stella. Kelly is set to go back to work tomorrow which him nor Stella are near ready for but they know he has to.

For Thanksgiving this year everyone was going to Cruz and Chloes to have one big one with everyone. None of the firehouse had met Kolby yet as they've just been soaking up family time at home just them and Jennifer but they we're also really ready to see their firehouse family again. Kelly changed Kolbys diaper and into his outfit before deciding to take a picture before placing him into his car seat.

Stella was in their bathroom changing into her outfit and Jennifer was busy changing into hers as well

Stella was in their bathroom changing into her outfit and Jennifer was busy changing into hers as well. Kelly only had to still change his shirt so he quickly did that before heading to the living room to get everything together and wait on Stella and Jennifer to be ready. As Stella got ready Kolby woke up hungry so she had to go feed him then they were off.

As they arrived to Joe and Chloes they were immediately greeted by the Hermanns who was also just arriving Cindy and Hermann immediately flew over to them in absolutely awe of Kolby and congratulated Kelly and Stella on their bundle of joy. Max wanted to hold him but Stella and Kelly told him to wait till their inside and sitting down. Once they walked in a burst of congratulations came from everyone. While they were sitting down waiting on Thanksgiving to be prepared Boden, Max, Brett, Violet, and Gallo all held Kolby and was catching up with Stella and Kelly about what this last week has looked like for them all. Stella was glad to finally get out of the house she needed to feel normal again for just a moment atleast and this was the perfect opportunity for her to not overdue it. Once the mashed potatoes and gravy,rolls, turkey,ham, dressing, chicken dumplings, and Mac n cheese was done they all headed into the kitchen to sit down and eat. About the time they finished eating Kolby started to cry so Kelly grabbed him real quick before realizing he's crying because he's hungry so Stella got up and went to the bathroom to feed him before rejoining them in the kitchen. Jennifer had a lot of catching up to do as well because it's been so long since they've seen her or heard from her. After they all caught up and eat a while Stella was starting to get overwhelmed and Kelly could see it so he told her they could go on her didn't mind running them home then coming back to get Jennifer so that's what they did. They said their goodbyes and headed on home Kelly had told Jennifer as they left to just call when she's ready. Once they got home Stella went to get a shower and into her pajamas as Kelly got Kolby out of his car seat and into his night onesie before sitting ne couch holding him a while before Stella come back out and turned on the TV to animal planet. Stella sat down beside them wrapping her arm around Kelly's and placing her head on Kellys shoulder "you okay I could tell that was a lot for you" Kelly asked " yes even as fun as it was I just wasn't prepared for all the chaos and just got a little overwhelmed with it all. Thank you for bringing us home" she replied " not a problem and just wanted to make sure because I saw it all over your face. I would do anything for you too" he said as he kissed her Kolby was awake stirring around so Kelly and Stella took the opportunity to "play" with him in the only way they could right now for a little while. He then eat and got a diaper change before being placed into his bouncer for a while as Stella and Kelly laid down on the couch together and winded up getting an hour nap in before hearing his phone ding he checked it and it was Jennifer telling him whenever he's ready or able she's ready so he got up and told Stella that he was going to get Jennifer before giving her and Kolby goodbye kisses and asking Stella if she wanted anything while he was out. She told him only some Dairy Queen ice cream so he would get that on the way back.

He got to Hermanns to get his mom pretty quickly Jennifer was already outside waiting on him when he pulled up so she hopped in and thanked him for coming back and getting her. She also checked on Stella because she too had picked up on Stella being overwhelmed Kelly reassured her she was okay just overwhelmed by the chaos which made Jennifer recall about how overwhelmed she was when Kelly was a newborn as well so she knew it all too well herself from experience. They stopped at Dairy Queen and picked up dinner there too since he was already there for Stella some ice cream and it was already 5:30 . Stella had texted Kelly that they needed more diapers and formula too so he then had to go to Walmart too but he didn't mind. Stella had decided when Kolby was a few days old she would breastfeed during the day and use formula at night most of the time so Kelly or Jennifer which ever one was awake first could feed him and Stella could sleep.

Once they got home he got the car unloaded and headed inside behind Jennifer. Stella thanked him for getting everything and asked Jennifer to fill her in on what she missed after they left so she did and Stella was loving it. After they ate and Kolby ate and got his diaper changed before being put into  his crib for the night by Kelly. After he got to sleep everyone went to change into their pajamas and came out to watch Chicago Bulls vs the Los Angeles Lakers game before heading to bed as the game finished.

They all headed to their bedrooms for the night as Kelly quickly checked all the locks to make sure the house was locked up. After wards he headed to brush his teeth and hair before getting into the bed with Stella. As he joined her she pulled him into her as they talked for a while about how much her and Kolby will miss her while he's on shift and how much he'll miss them too and wasn't ready but he guessed he better try to get ready because tomorrow was the day. Stella stayed cuddled into him as they kissed good night and fell asleep.

* As always thank you for reading 🙏. I hope you enjoyed it and please feel free to leave and suggestions in the comments*

Next chapter will be about Kelly's first shift back