First Christmas

Today Christmas was finally here a moment that Stella and Kelly have been so excited for and anxiously anticipating since they found out Stella was expecting. They know he won't remember it but they sure will and they wanted it to be extra special so they hung lights around their house and all around their yard, put a Christmas tree up, put stockings up, made cookies, and had all kinds of decorations throughout  their house which is more than they had done the whole time they've been together as they normally just hang their stockings and put up a Christmas tree but they couldn't help but go all out this year.

Once he woke up they both headed in to get him up change his diaper and Stella fed him as Kelly headed back into the living room to wait. Stella and Kolby joined him. Stella asked Kelly to hold Kolby a minute so she could go get something before handing him off to Kelly. Kelly sat there and made faces at him trying to get a laugh out of him until Stella returned and told Kelly to change. She had done bought them all matching onesies to wear. As much as Kelly wanted to fight her on it he just couldn't. He could tell she had been struggling with some PPD and he is always willing to do anything to see her smile so he got up and went to change while she got Kolby changed.

Kelly came back and they started opening gifts Stella got a couple new cook books, a few new pajamas sets, few pairs of pants, a few dresses, and some books about spirituality while Kelly got some new grilling tools, a few new tools to add to his collection, some new shirts,and sweatpants they got Kolby some interactive toys that he can play with in a few months. After opening gifts they decided to go ahead and take their family photos before cooking breakfast as they put Kolby down in his bouncer and headed over to the kitchen area and began cooking some cinnamon rolls, eggs,bacon, biscuits ,sausage, and gravy. They sat down in the living room and ate talking about how happy they both were and thankful that this year has panned out how it has. Shortly after they ate and Kolby was needing a diaper change so he grabbed him up and changed his diaper before letting him sleep his chest a little while. Him and Stella were watching a Charlie Brown Christmas before tuning in to the Bucks vs Lakers game. Kolby woke up and Stella went to feed him while Kelly got up and grabbed her another water for when she got back and him another water as well as he headed back to the couch to watch more TV. She shortly joined him and opted to sit beside Kelly on the couch and held Kolby while he slept a little while before placing him in his bouncer "want to lay down" she asked Kelly "sure" he replied opting to lay on the couch. Stella decided to lay on Kelly putting her head on his chest "I miss when we used to have the time to do this regularly" she said "me too now it's a struggle to find us time anymore by the time you do everything around here and I work at the firehouse and academy we're to exhausted and to enthralled with the baby here we need to try to do better" Kelly said "I agree" she said as she started to doze off for a nap to which Kelly joined her in. Before they knew it mid afternoon had rolled around and Kolby was crying hungry so Stella got up and went to feed him as Kelly got up and grilled some steak and cooked some mashed potatoes and gravy with Mac n cheese for dinner. After Stella came back in the living room with Kolby she say down until dinner was done then came into kitchen to eat while Kolby was back asleep in his bouncer "thank you for this babe" Stella told Kelly "anytime " he said giving her a kiss and smile before finishing up dinner and cleaning the kitchen up before going to grab the baby bath to put in the sink so they could wash Kolby off in it when he was awake again. As Kelly finished getting it set up in the sink Stella walked up behind him and put her arms around him and her head on his mid back. God has she missed him and his touch while he's been on shift but also his help around the house. He turned around so that her head was on his chest he put one arm on her lower back and the other around her neck pulling her closer into him. "I love you so much" she said looking up at him "I love you too" he said as he kissed her. They stood like that in the kitchen about 10 more minutes before Kolby was back up again for a diaper change so Kelly got him before undressing him and putting him in his little tub in the sink while Stella went to go get a diaper and new onesie for him to put on. As Kelly got him out and dried him off Stella changed him Kelly went to put the tub back in his nursery before telling Stella he was going to get a shower he'd be right back. So he did he decided he would only go shirtless back out there as it had been warm all day in the loft so he opted for just a pair of jogging pants and socks "damn you look good" Stella said observing his six pack as he walked out of their bedroom "not as good as you do" Kelly said with a smirk walking over towards her "I don't know about all that now" she replied " I do. Pretty confident actually" he said looking at her standing there holding Kolby. Shes lucky to be holding Kolby Kelly thought to himself as he went to grab Kolby so Stella could go take a shower as she went to head on towards their bedroom he grabbed her with one arm holding Kolby with the other and pulled him into him " I love you and your so beautiful don't ever doubt that" he said giving her a kiss and letting her go so she could go shower. After she got out it was time for Kolby to lay down which also meant they were ready to lay down especially with how late they stayed up the night before getting ready for today.

They headed off to their bedroom after getting Kolby changed and fed. Kelly decided to go ahead and brush his teeth and climb into bed as he was planning on going straight to sleep tonight he was wore out. Stella decided to stay up just a little while longer as she decided to go ahead and pump some more bottles as she only had one still stored. She shortly joined him in bed after brushing her teeth and hair. As soon as she sat down Kelly tackled her down flat onto the bed "can I get on top of you or do you need to get on top of me" he asked "I think you should be fine to get on me just be very careful" Stella responded as she's not really to sore still but she does have a little bit of lingering soreness at times. Kelly got on top of her laying his head on her stomach knowing her breasts had the most lingering soreness. Kelly wrapped his arms around Stellas waste as she started to rub his hair "I love you so so much and am so glad that your Kolbys mom. Me and him would be really lost without you" Kelly said almost making Stella cry "I love you too. The same goes for you Kelly when he got you as a dad and I got you as a husband we became the luckiest people in Chicago" Stella said in response Kelly leaned up and kissed her before laying his head back down and both dosing off to sleep

* As always thank you for reading 🙏. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments. *